- ground Italian sausage
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 medium zucchini (don’t peel) or 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- 20 oz. package Cheese tortellini
- Brown the sausage. Add onion and garlic. Drain grease.
- Stir in broth, cider, tomatoes, sauce, carrots, and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer 10-12 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add tortellini. Cook 4-5 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Serve immediately with fresh parmesan cheese.
You can omit the sausage, but it will lack some flavor.
I usually don’t have apple cider. You can definitely leave it out. If you do have it, it will add an extra dimension of flavor.
- Category: soup
Keywords: tortellini soup, tortellini