*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This hearty and comforting Tortellini soup is perfect for a cold day.
TORTELLINI SOUP WITH VEGGIES
We have fallen in love with this easy Tortellini soup recipe. When I first saw it posted on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe , I figured it would be a good one! I’ve since altered it in a few ways to make it more kid-friendly for my family, but guys, it’s amazing.
This soup is on regular repeat at our house during Fall and Winter and I’m confident you’ll love it, too!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE?
Making this soup is easy, but you’ll need to plan about 40 minutes start to finish to prepare. A good chunk of the time the soup will be simmering, you plan on about 15 minutes of hand-on time to make.
WHAT VEGETABLES TO ADD
We usually put diced carrots, small chopped zucchini, and peas in the soup. But feel free to add or take out what you don’t like!
A NOTE ABOUT THE SAUSAGE
We aren’t huge meat eaters at our house, but the Italian sausage in this recipe really adds a great flavor! You could definitely add more or less meat, but at least a little will add some great flavor!
SERVE THIS SOUP WITH:
Sourdough bread from Costco
And if you love Tortellini, be sure to try this Tortellini Caesar Salad!
- ground Italian sausage
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 medium zucchini (don’t peel) or 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- 20 oz. package Cheese tortellini
- Brown the sausage. Add onion and garlic. Drain grease.
- Stir in broth, cider, tomatoes, sauce, carrots, and spices. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and parsley. Simmer 10-12 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add tortellini. Cook 4-5 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Serve immediately with fresh parmesan cheese.
You can omit the sausage, but it will lack some flavor.
I usually don’t have apple cider. You can definitely leave it out. If you do have it, it will add an extra dimension of flavor.
- Category: soup
Keywords: tortellini soup, tortellini