*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
So many simple Christmas activities to do with your family this Christmas season. Not only will they help you create fun family memories, but they will help you serve others, too!
FUN & SIMPLE CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES
Whether you choose to do an activity for your advent calendar or just want some fun Christmas activities to do with your family, this list will give you tons of simple and fun inspiration!
Many of these activities can be done at home and won’t cost you a fortune! Even better, right? Since Christmas can be an expensive time of the year.
1. DECORATE SUGAR COOKIES
2. DECORATE THE CHRISTMAS TREE
Make this easy galvanized tree collar to make your tree extra awesome.
3. LEARN ABOUT THE SYMBOLS OF CHRISTMAS
This beautifully-illustrated book teaches about the 12 symbols of Christmas and what they mean.
4. DRIVE TO SEE THE LIGHTS IN PAJAMAS
5. MAKE GINGERBREAD MEN TREATS
Easy no-bake gingerbread men cookie treats is a great Christmas activity for kids!
6. VISIT TEMPLE SQUARE
7. MAKE A CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN CHAIN
8. DO THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FOR SOMEONE
9. GET A PICTURE WITH SANTA
10. CAROL OR READ STORIES AT AN OLD-FOLKS HOME
11. READ CHRISTMAS STORIES
12. SLEEP OUT BY THE CHRISTMAS TREE
13. CELEBRATE ST. NICHOLAS DAY ON DECEMBER 6TH
Here’s why you should celebrate St. Nicholas Day and how to make it a fun day!
14. WATCH A CHRISTMAS MOVIE BY THE TREE
15. GO TO A NATIVITY DISPLAY
16. MAKE FAMOUS ENGLISH TOFFEE
17. DIP PRETZELS
18. DO A SUB-4-SANTA
19. DRINK HOT COCOA ON THE FRONT PORCH
20. CELEBRATE ADVENT SUNDAYS
This is one Christmas activity that will help you slow down and really enjoy the season!
21. MAKE SANTA HAT COOKIES
Here’s the recipe for Santa Hat Oreo Cookies
22. READ THE NATIVITY STORY
23. MAKE COOKIES FOR SANTA
These are Santa’s favorite chocolate chip cookies, just sayin’.
24. START A CHRISTMAS JAR
25. WRAP PRESENTS TOGETHER
26. WATCH ELF
27. WATCH THE FREE CHRISTMAS DEVOTIONAL
28. BUILD A SNOWMAN
29. DECORATE ORNAMENTS & HAVE AN EXCHANGE
30. GO CAROLING
31. WRITE & MAIL LETTERS TO SANTA
32. START A NEW CHRISTMAS TRADITION
33. HOST A HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE FOR FRIENDS/NEIGHBORS
34. HAVE A FESTIVE BREAKFAST
35. GO TO AN OUTDOOR SKATING RINK
36. DANCE TO CHRISTMAS MUSIC
37. MAKE A HOMEMADE GIFT
38. WATCH MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET
39. SEND CHRISTMAS CARDS
40. CUT DOWN YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS TREE
41. LEARN ABOUT CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD
42. MAKE A CHRISTMAS CRAFT
43. GO TO A LIGHT PARADE
44. GO TO A FREE CHRISTMAS CONCERT
45. ATTEND A TREE LIGHTING CEREMONY
46.PLAY JINGLE BELL BOWLING
47. DO A SCRIPTURE ADVENT CALENDAR
Read about one of Christ’s attributes each night of December with this free scripture advent calendar.
48. HOST A COOKIE EXCHANGE
49. VOLUNTEER AT A SOUP KITCHEN OR HOMELESS SHELTER
50. STRING POPCORN FOR THE CHRISTMAS TREE
52. MAKE FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE
No need to go all the way to NYC when you can make delicious Frozen Hot Chocolate in 5 minutes.
53. MAKE I-SPY NATIVITY ORNAMENTS
A perfect Christmas nativity craft for kids! Here’s the directions and supply list!
54. CARVE SOAP NATIVITIES
55. HAVE AN INDOOR PICNIC BY THE CHRISTMAS TREE
56. DO A HOT COCOA BAR
57. DECORATE GRAHAM CRACKER OR GINGERBREAD HOUSES
Use this gingerbread house icing glue recipe to keep your houses together!