A comforting and simple soup to make that’s perfect to serve out of a cauldron for Halloween parties!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice Soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Cook wild rice according to package directions with bouillon cube. You can throw it in a rice cooker to make it easy!
- Saute carrots, onions, and celery in butter until tender. Add flour slowly and stir until thickened. Add broth and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken, cooked rice, and cream. Warm thoroughly for at least 5 minutes. Turn to low until ready to serve. The soup will thicken up. Make sure not to boil it.
- Pour in a food-safe cauldron for serving.
This soup freezes well. So make a big batch ahead of time and pull it out in time for your party.
You can easily double or triple this recipe.
- Category: Soup
Keywords: wild rice chicken soup, soup, chicken soup