Check out these simple party ideas with a Hocus Pocus Halloween party theme. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #20MinutesToTasty #CollectiveBias
“Come little children…” Name that movie! Anyone? If you guessed Hocus Pocus, you’re right! Hocus Pocus has always been a family favorite ever since I was little, so this year, that was the theme for our annual family Halloween party. Everyone dresses up no matter how old or young and we party! With lots of good food and fun games, it’s always a night to remember! This year we even had a hay ride to escape all the witches! Ha!
You might have seen my sneak peak on Instagram, but today, I’m going to give you the run down on all the party details! And I’ve got lots of fun party printables at the end for you, too! You ready?
The Party Food!
Throwing a Halloween party can be a lot of work, but with Farm Rich, you can have fun and tasty party food ready in 20 minutes!
This year, I served Farm Rich Mozarella Sticks and Jalepeno Peppers as part of the witch buffet. They were gone in no-time! Like, I only got one little bite. Since they are quick to make and obviously tasty, they will need to make an appearance again. Really soon.
All of the food had “witch” themed names which (no pun intended) was so fun to come up with. Here’s the line-up:
- Farm Rich Mozarella Sticks- Dead Man Toes dipped in blood (as referenced in Hocus Pocus)
- Farm Rich Jalepeno Peppers- Witch Warts
- Homemade Marinara Dipping Sauce (recipe below)- Blood Sauce
- Caesar Salad- Cast a Spell Salad
- Croissant with meat and cheese- Sand-witches
- Root beer with dry ice- Life Potion (also from the movie)
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup- Witch’s Brew Stew
- Peanut butter cups and pretzels- Broomsticks
- Caramel apples- Poison apples
Get the recipe for this Witch’s Brew Stew here.
Blood Sauce Recipe
Dead Man’s Toes need blood, right? Here’s an easy way to whip up a great dipping sauce for those Mozarella Sticks:
- 1, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- dash of crushed red pepper (optional but delish!)
- touch of olive oil (optional)
- Add ingredients to a blender in the order shown above. Mix until well combined.
- Add extra spices according to your taste preferences.
- Keep in the fridge up to 1 week until you are ready to serve, or freeze until your party!
[You can grab all the food labels at the end of the post!]
DIY Witch Hat Party Decor
I became a huge fan of using paper plates for decorations after last year’s Trick and Treats Halloween party. This year, I wanted to tie in the witch theme, so paper plate witch hats it was!
They were so simple to make and made a big statement!
What you’ll need:
- black party hats
- assortment of paper plates
- hot glue gun
- marker or pen
Here’s how you can make the party hat witch hats:
- Pick out your favorite Halloween themed paper plates.
- Trace the outline of a party hat onto the patterned side of the paper plate.
- Hot glue around the line you drew.
- Attach the party hat onto the glue circle.
- Hang on the wall using masking tape.
These fun, big printable signs made a great statement as well. We always quote these lines, so they were a must!
For the Hocus Pocus sign, I printed a 24×36″ Engineer print at Staples for $4. Download at the end of the post! There’s also a “Come Little Children version if you like that better!
For the favors, I filled mini witch cauldrons with peanut butter cups and stick pretzels. I attached a tag that said, “Broomstick Kit”. All of the little kids loved making their own broomsticks. It’s a fun favor, but this also made a a fun party activity.
Other Party Game/Activity Ideas
- Cackle Contest
- Pin the witch on the broom
- Go on a witch hunt! (Hide witch hats around the room like an egg hunt).
- Watch Hocus Pocus, the movie!
Halloween Party Printables
If you’d like to throw your own Hocus Pocus Halloween Party, here’s the printables! Just click on the link for the download.
Be sure to visit your local Walmart October 27-30 for the chance to take part in Halloween recipe demonstrations and sampling featuring Farm Rich snacks and appetizers. In the meantime, you can grab exclusive offers and other tasty and quick recipes here.