Everything you need to throw an amazing Hocus Pocus Halloween Party! Tons of Hocus Pocus ideas for witch-themed foods, games, activities, decorations, and printables.
HOW TO PLAN A HOCUS POCUS HALLOWEEN PARTY!
"Come little children..." Name that movie! Anyone?
If you guessed Hocus Pocus, you're right!
Hocus Pocus has always our family's favorite Halloween movie since I was little. So when I was in charge of our family's Halloween party, I knew everyone would get a kick out this theme.
In our family, the Halloween party is the biggest party of the year! Everyone dresses up no matter how old or young and we party!
With lots of good food and fun games, it's always a night to remember!
- HOW TO PLAN A HOCUS POCUS HALLOWEEN PARTY!
- HOCUS POCUS PARTY SUPPLIES
- HOCUS POCUS FOOD IDEAS
- SAVORY HALLOWEEN PARTY FOODS
- HALLOWEEN PARTY TREATS
- HOCUS POCUS PARTY DRINKS
- HOCUS POCUS PARTY DECORATIONS
- HOCUS POCUS DIY PARTY DECOR
- HOCUS POCUS PARTY FAVORS
- HALLOWEEN PARTY GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
- FREE HALLOWEEN PLAYLIST!
- 💬 Comments
HOCUS POCUS PARTY SUPPLIES
The great thing about throwing a Hocus Pocus theme party is that you don't need a ton of expensive Halloween decorations. Here's the Hocus Pocus party supplies that will are inexpensive and you'll be able to use again:
- Food safe cauldrons (varying sizes)
- Hocus Pocus printables (engineer print signs, food labels, etc.)
- Black table cloth
- candles and candlesticks
- witch hats (make your own with the tutorial below)
- mini cauldrons for favors
- Hocus Pocus party plates
- "It's All Just A Bunch of Hocus Pocus" banner
Use these for Hocus Pocus birthday decorations, too!
HOCUS POCUS FOOD IDEAS
Since Hocus Pocus is all about witches, we had to serve witch- themed foods which (no pun intended) was so fun to come up with. Some of the food names come directly from the movie! Here's the line-up:
- Dead Man Toes- Farm Rich Mozarella Sticks
- Witch Warts- Farm Rich Jalepeno Peppers
- Blood Sauce- Homemade Marinara Dipping Sauce (recipe below)-
- Cast a Spell Salad- Caesar Salad
- Sand-witches- croissant with meat and cheese
- Life Potion- Root beer with dry ice
- Witch's Brew Stew- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Broomsticks- Peanut butter cups and pretzels
- Poison apples- Caramel apples
Throwing a Halloween party can be a lot of work, but with Farm Rich, you can have fun and tasty party food ready in 20 minutes!
This year, I served Farm Rich Mozarella Sticks and Jalepeno Peppers as part of the witch buffet. They were gone in no-time! Like, I only got one little bite. Since they are quick to make and obviously tasty, they will need to make an appearance again. Really soon.
SAVORY HALLOWEEN PARTY FOODS
DEAD MAN TOES
Dead Man Toes were Mozarella sticks.
Witch Warts are Jalepeno poppers and "blood sauce" marinara sauce for dipping.
Serve your favorite salad or pick up a Caesar Salad kit!
WITCH'S BREW STEW
Get the recipe for the witch's brew here.
Create simple sand-witches by grabbing your favorite deli meat and cheese and placing them on a croissant.
HALLOWEEN PARTY TREATS
Here's some simple Hocus Pocus Halloween treats that won't take you all day to make!
Caramel apples make great Hocus Pocus themed desserts. If you don't want full caramel apples, serve your favorite apples with the best caramel apple dip.
The witch broomstick treats were actually just Reeses' peanut butter cups with stick pretzels pushed in.
HOCUS POCUS PARTY DRINKS
Don't forget the Life Potion that saves the day in the movie!
Just pour root beer into a food-safe cauldron like this one from Amazon and add a chunk of dry ice for the smoky affect.
HOCUS POCUS PARTY DECORATIONS
You can make your Hocus Pocus Halloween decor as simple or elaborate as you like.
"It's All Just A Bunch of Hocus Pocus" and "Come Little Children" giant $4 engineer prints create a great backdrop for your Halloween tablescape. And Staples will print them for just $4.
These Hocus Pocus party decorations make a huge statement for really cheap!
You can create this fun Hocus Pocus party in no time with our Halloween printables and DIY Witch Hats.
HOCUS POCUS DIY PARTY DECOR
Paper plates make great decorations because they are inexpensive! Because this paper plate halloween party wall was so popular, I decided it would be a great Hocus Pocus DIY party decoration.
They were so simple to make and made a big statement!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Pick out your favorite Halloween themed paper plates.
- Trace the outline of a party hat onto the patterned side of the paper plate.
- Hot glue around the line you drew.
- Attach the party hat onto the glue circle.
- Hang on the wall using masking tape.
Any paper plates will do, but the black and white striped paper plates are my favorite!
HOCUS POCUS PARTY FAVORS
Everyone loves a good party favor. Here's some fun witch-themed party favors that are great for your Hocus Pocus theme party.
For the favors, I filled mini witch cauldrons with peanut butter cups and stick pretzels. I attached a tag that said, "Broomstick Kit". All of the little kids loved making their own broomsticks. It's a fun favor, but this also made a a fun party activity.
HALLOWEEN PARTY GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
Whether you are hosting a Hocus Pocus birthday party or just want some fun, here's some activities:
- Witch Cackle Contest- have party guests do their best cackle for a prize
- Play "Pin the witch on the broom"
- Go on a witch hunt! (Hide mini cauldrons filled with treats around the room like an egg hunt).
- Watch Hocus Pocus, the movie!
- Go on a hay ride to escape the witches.
FREE HALLOWEEN PLAYLIST!
I've curated a Halloween playlist with popular songs from Hocus Pocus, plus other fun Halloween songs right here. All you have to do is press play!