*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Start a new Thanksgiving Tradition- a Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night! Read on for all the tips and simple pie recipes!
Thanksgiving is the best, but if you want to make it even better, host a Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night!
One of our all-time favorite Thanksgiving traditions is our Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night. I’m going to tell you how to pull this off simply with some tips we’ve learned from many years of keeping this tradition going.
TIPS FOR HOSTING A PIE NIGHT:
1) Gather in-laws, friends, or family by sending out an invite.
It can be an official invitation, Evite, or just a phone call or text. However you invite them, make sure they know about it!
2) Have everyone bring a favorite pie to share.
Tell everyone to bring their favorite pie. Or two! The more the better. And no one will complain about extra pie.
3) Decide to do a simple dinner or just pie.
Our family usually has a light dinner of soup and salad before our pie, but you could always go straight to the pie. After all, that’s why everyone came!
4) Keep it simple.
Use throw away dishes and utensils for quick and easy cleanup.
5) Have take-home boxes available.
- Since you’ll be busy with all the hosting prep, serve an effortless pie, such as a Frozen Yogurt Pumpkin Pie! Keep reading for the recipe and how-to! This pie recipe is easy enough for kids to help with and with only just a few ingredients, you can make lots of pie in just a few minutes.
OTHER AMAZING (AND SIMPLE) PIE RECIPES
EASY FROZEN YOGURT PUMPKIN PIE
- Dannon® Oikos® Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt®
- Reddi-wip® original
- Mini graham cracker crusts
- Any other toppings like nuts that you’d like
How to make these cute mini pies:
Gather all your ingredients. All of them can be found at your local Walmart.
Combine 2 containers of the Dannon® Oikos® Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt® with 1 can of Reddi-wip® . Keep stirring until is well mixed.
Next, get out the mini graham cracker crust pie shells and fill them until full.
Be sure to smooth out the Dannon® Oikos® Pumpkin Pie Greek Yogurt® mixture until it is completely level with the crust.
Next, throw those cute pies in the freezer for at least 2 hours. However, you can prep them a day or two in advance if you want to avoid last minute stress like I do.
Just be sure to pull them out about 20-30 minutes before serving them. You’ll want to eat them mostly frozen, but not as hard as an ice cube. 🙂 Letting them sit at room temperature for a few minutes will help them thaw just enough to keep them nice and refreshing, but still cold and firm.
Right before serving, top with Reddi-wip®.
These mini frozen yogurt pumpkin pies were a hit with my family! If you’d like to try making them for yours, be sure to snatch a coupon for the ingredients right here.