10 Simple Summer Foods for Parties and Reunions
Summer is just about here and we can’t wait! I’ve pulled together 10 of my favorite simple summer foods that will hopefully give you some great inspiration for all those fun BBQs, pool parties, and family reunions that you’ll be going to. There are so many fun things to do during summer that you won’t want to be spending all your time in the kitchen, right?
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t make some pretty festive food to celebrate with! Click on the link for the recipe or how-to or pin for later. Enjoy!
These adorable watermelon cookies are a lot easier to make than you realize. Get the recipe here.
2. Mini Pulled Pork Sandwiches
These easy slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches are a winner for a picnic or feeding a crowd at a reunion.
- Throw a boneless pork roast into the slowcooker on low for 5-7 hours or high for 4-6. Then drain the liquid and shred. 1 hour before serving, pour your favorite BBQ sauce over top let it heat all the way through.
- Serve on mini slider rolls and top with a DIY sandwich pick. If you have a Costco membership, you can grab 3 dozen rolls for under $5. That makes it affordable to feed a big group.
Hot chocolate is not just for winter! Whip up this refreshing drink on a hot summer day or on July 25– Christmas in July! Recipe here.
These sliders can be made ahead of time, so all you’ll have to do is grill them when your company arrives!
These adorable beach cupcakes are a hit for kids and adults. Really, though, that sand!
6. Garden Fresh Veggie Cups
Serve up your favorite garden fresh veggies in mini cups like these . Put the dressing on the bottom for a great grab and go option.
7. Pool Party Treats
Little swimmers will love these water-themed treats!
- Whale crackers, shark fruit snacks and cold ice water served out of a [clean] sand bucket!
Our go-to summer salad. And those cinnamon almonds. Yum!
9. Mini Fruit Parfaits
Another grab-and-go option perfect for brunches or snacks.
- Layer yogurt and then top with fruit. For a breakfast version, top with granola.
10. Incredible Indoor Smores
We love these indoor smores A LOT better than traditional ones. Try them out and you’ll see why! Bonus: you don’t even need a campfire!
- You can make a large 9×13 pan instead of individual servings for a quick dessert to feed a large group.
Happy Summer Partying!