Teach the Easter Story to kids with this fun and interactive Easter activity! 12 objects and scripture verses make the Easter Story in eggs easy to understand.
THE EASTER STORY IN EGGS
So you’re looking for a fun way to teach the Easter story to kids? Or you need a simple way to make Christ the focus of your Easter celebrations?
I’ve got you covered.
These fun Resurrection eggs diy is a simple way to teach children all about Christ and His resurrection!
Related: 5 Christ-Centered Easter Traditions
RESURRECTION EGGS TO TEACH THE EASTER STORY
This fun Easter story for kids uses 12 different parts of the Easter story and combines them into a fun and interactive way that children can learn what Easter is really about.
The 12 Eggs of Easter will walk you and your family through the important events of Christ’s last week on Earth.
Each egg contains an object that represents a part of the Easter story. For example: 30 cents to represent the 30 pieces of silver that Judas used to betray Christ.
HOW THIS CHRIST-CENTERED EASTER EGG HUNT WORKS:
There are 3 ways to do this Easter Story activity.
- Hide all the eggs. Have family members find the eggs and then gather back together to open the eggs and talk about the Easter story.
- Have all the eggs in a basket and take turns opening the egg and reading the scripture verses that talks about the symbol in each egg.
- Similar to a 12 Days of Christmas, you could do a 12 Eggs of Easter, where you open one egg each day on the 12 days before Easter.
Choose whichever way will work best for your family!
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE TO DO THIS EASTER STORY FOR KIDS?
I would recommend setting aside about 30 minutes for this Easter activity. Obviously, you might want or more time for the egg hunt and discussion depending on the age of the children who are participating.
RESURRECTION EGGS DIY SUPPLIES:
- Easter Story For Kids/ Resurrecton Eggs printables (includes scripture verse and explanation of each object)
- 12 plastic Easter eggs
- 12 objects listed below (feel free to modify any)
- a basket to put all the eggs in
Aren’t these Easter Story companion cards so cute?
RESURRECTION EGGS STORY
Don’t worry about figuring out what scripture verse and symbol goes in each egg. I’ve done the hard work for you and these Easter printables are so cute!
What You Get:
- 12 full color, double-sided Easter eggs ready to print!
- 2 color versions: pastel and bright
- 1-Page Easter Story Cheat Sheet (list of scriptures and symbols)
The 12 Objects Needed:
- small cracker
- 3 dimes (30 cents)
- knotted twine
- chunk of soap
- nail and toothpick
- rocks and dirt
- piece of white cloth
- bay leaf or other herbs/spices
- nothing; empty
EASTER STORY EGGS DIRECTIONS:
- Gather Easter eggs and symbols
- Print off the Easter Egg Story Companion Cards
- Place each object into an egg. (If possible, find an Easter egg that matches the color of the card so that the cards and actual eggs will correspond. This isn’t necessary, but it will help you keep track of all the eggs easier!)
- Laminate the cards. (I invested in this inexpensive home laminator that I use all the time! Laminating your cards will make sure you can use them year after year.)
- Hide the Easter Eggs and you are ready to begin your hunt!
More Christ-Centered Easter Ideas
I hope you have a wonderful, Christ-centered Easter season!