Fun and healthy rainbow dinner for St. Patrick's Day!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion (about ½ cup), finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- In a large pan, melt the butter on medium heat. Saute onion until soft. Stir in garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour over butter and onions. It will be thick. Cook over medium heat for one minute to get rid of starchy taste.
- Slowly pour milk and chicken broth into the butter mixture. Stir with a whisk until the sauce is mixed together. Simmer about 5 minutes or longer for sauce to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over a bed or rice and top with shredded chicken, shredded cheese, olives, peppers, tomatoes, olives, chinese noodles, coconut, pineapple, mandarin oranges and almonds.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: main dish
Keywords: hawaiian haystacks, chicken sauce, rice