Easy Oreo Santa Hat Cookies you can make in no time!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadOREOCheer #CollectiveBias
Having a newborn this Christmas season has really helped me to simplify our Christmas celebrations. This isn’t to say that we haven’t been celebrating (as you may have seen on Instagram), it just means that I’ve been trying (key word: trying!) to choose festivities that are simple and doable with little ones running around.
SIMPLE + QUICK OREO SANTA HAT COOKIES
Making some Santa Hat cookies were just that: a simple treat to eat for dessert one night. (And may or may not have been bribery to get our picky toddlers to eat dinner.)
I was able to make these Santa desserts quickly while all 3 were napping and even got in a nap myself. I’m not one to give up my naps very often!
My kids loved them and I loved them too. For all the treats that Christmas bombards us with, it was refreshing to have fruit be a main ingredient. And not to mention, but how festive are these Santa hat desserts?
Here’s how you can make the Oreo Santa cookies for all sorts of Christmas gatherings: cookie exchanges, preschool, school parties, family parties and more!
Really, making Christmas desserts for kids cannot be simpler!
SANTA HAT COOKIE INGREDIENTS:
- 4 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ cup thawed frozen whipped topping
- 20 OREO cookies
- 20 fresh strawberries, caps removed
HOW TO MAKE OREO SANTA HATS TREATS
First, mix the cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until blended. Then gently stir in whipped topping.
To keep the mess minimal, spoon the mixture into a small resealable plastic bag. Cut off 1 corner from the bottom of the bag.
Pipe the cream cheeese mixture onto the OREO cookie. Top with a strawberry bottoms end up, pressing gently into cream cheese mixture until secure.
Pipe the remaining cream cheese mixture onto bottom tips of berries. And look! You’ve got the cutest little Oreo Santa Cookies.
OREO CHRISTMAS COOKIES TIPS:
- Make the cream cheese mixture up to 2 days before using. Seal in a bag, but don’t cut off the corner until you are ready to use it. Just keep the icing in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the Santa Hat cookies.
- You can pick up the OREO cookies and all the other ingredients at your neighborhood Smith’s Store when you are doing your regular shopping.
Be sure to check out all the other festive OREO recipes you can create this holiday season. What are your favorite OREO recipes?
OTHER EASY CHRISTMAS DESSERTS:
- The Best English Toffee and How to Make It!
- Christmas M & M Cookies ( an easy Christmas cookies recipe!)
- Easy Frozen Hot Chocolate
Here’s the recipe for strawberry Christmas cookies!Print