This perfect royal icing makes the best gingerbread house icing recipe to hold your Christmas houses together.
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 2 tsp. water
- 3 cups powdered sugar (possibly 4)
- Beat the egg whites, water, and cream of tartar until frothy (about 2 minutes).
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until thick and pasty.
- Add in more powdered sugar until it is thick, if needed.
- Scoop into cake decorating bags or sandwich bags and snip off the corner for easy application.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe if you are having a gingerbread house decorating party.
Keywords: royal icing, gingerbread house icing