*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
You don’t have to wait for BIG holidays or birthdays to celebrate. Here’s 30 reasons you can celebrate today.
THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE NEED TO BE CELEBRATED.
Last week, I went to the grocery store with all 3 kids in tow! With Oliver being just a month old now, I have avoided running errands with all 3 kids under 4 for good reasons. But Thanksgiving was a coming and we needed some groceries. I packed everyone up (it only took about an hour 🙂 and made it out of the store alive, with groceries in hand and no meltdowns!
This was cause to celebrate, I tell you. And since I’ve been giving most of my attention to baby O, I caved in a bought some doughnuts for my other two. Who knew a doughnut could bring so much happiness and make up for some of the lack of attention they’ve been getting?
And let’s be honest. I was going to celebrate right along with them!
IT GOT ME THINKING….
I’m not saying that I am going to buy doughnuts every time we make it to the grocery store. But, maybe there are more small moments that we can celebrate with others to make life more meaningful.
How about a promotion at work? Or a good grade on a test? Or a child finally getting potty trained? Or doing something really hard?
The sky really is the limit! I challenge you to look for little things to celebrate. Here’s a few ideas to get you started:
30 LITTLE THINGS TO CELEBRATE
- You are alive.
- You or someone you know got a promotion.
- You got dressed for the day.
- You were on time!
- You avoided sugar for the day. Or hour.
- You got out of bed when your alarm went off.
- You took all the kids to a store. And made it out alive.
- You got a good grade on a test.
- You finally potty-trained that child.
- You got all the laundry folded and put away.
- You worked out.
- You finally cleaned those toilets.
- You saw snow.
- You talked to a stranger.
- You finished a book.
- You got the kids to school on time.
- You cooked dinner instead of eating out.
- You decorated for a holiday.
- You let go of the dishes to read stories to a child.
- You served a friend.
- You took a shower!
- You washed your face.
- You did something hard.
- You accomplished a goal.
- You finished a project.
- You booked a plane ticket.
- You dusted.
- You snuggled with your spouse or child.
- You are healthy.
- You volunteered for something.
HOW TO CELEBRATE THE LITTLE THINGS
You don’t have to make a big deal, but sometimes just a little something out of the ordinary will make that small thing you’re celebrating seem more special and memorable. There are lots of simple ways to celebrate the little things. Here’s a few ideas:
- Leave a note on the bed
- Set a treat on their pillow
- Go out for ice cream
- Sprinkle jumbo confetti around their plate at dinner
- Buy a doughnut
- Make a special dinner
- Buy a new shirt
- Get simple Hooray balloons
- Get their favorite candy bar
- Have a kitchen dance party
- Scream Hip! Hip! Hooray as a family
- Give extra hugs and kisses
- Give a flower and congrats note
Just remember: doughnut or not, celebrating something small can make you and someone else happy.
Let’s celebrate more small moments in our lives!
- Mini cake stand- Target Dollar Spot
- Jumbo Confetti, Heart Balloon, Hooray Balloon- Just Simply L