Spooktacular Halloween Party Dessert Bar with 5- Minute Tutorial
Looking for an easy Halloween party dessert? This creative “Pick Your Poison” Halloween Dessert Bar is a simple way to make an ordinary Ice Cream bar extra festive using spooky toppings, old jars, and a 5-Minute party backdrop.
A Simple Halloween Party Dessert Idea
Throwing a Halloween party can be so much fun! Just like the time we threw a Hocus Pocus Themed Party or the time we threw a Halloween Mixed Up Dinner . Yet, sometimes going all out just may not be feasible for you. And that’s A-ok!
So if you don’t have time for an elaborate set-up, try out this “Pick Your Poison” Halloween dessert bar.
What You Need:
- vanilla ice cream
- “spooky” ice cream toppings (listed below)
- clear jars and bowls for toppings
- topping labels, optional
- Pick Your Poison backdrop (tutorial below)
1. Place all your ice cream toppings in varying jars and bowls. This can be done a few days before the party, to avoid last-minute stress.
2. Keep all the ice cream and toppings that need to be refrigerated in the fridge/freezer until you are ready to dig in!
3. All the rest of the toppings should be placed out on your table or buffet to create a fun and festive focal point for your party.
4. Add your simple backdrop and you’re all set up!
These cheap jars from IKEA were perfect for some of the littler toppings.
You could go above and beyond to create fun labels for each of the toppings, but for the sake of time, I didn’t this time around.
Halloween Party Dessert Ice Cream Bar Toppings
- Dirt- crushed oreos
- Ghost eyes- Chocolate Chips
- Witch Cackle Confetti- Halloween sprinkles
- Rotted teeth- toffee pieces
- Hairy spiders- gummy spiders
- Eyeballs- PB Chocolates
- Goblin guts- hot fudge
- Bleeding hearts- crushed berries
- Scarecrow teeth- candy corn
5-Minute Backdrop Tutorial
Interested in making a backdrop for your Halloween Party Dessert Table? It’s so simple!
If you’d like to make this simple backdrop, you’ll need:
- white foam board (from the dollar store)
- black electrical tape
- 5 minutes
- Start by placing a piece of tape across the foam board. Repeat until the entire board is covered, evenly spacing out the tape.
- Place on your dessert table.