*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Looking for a spooky Halloween dessert? This clever “Pick Your Poison” Halloween Dessert Ice Cream Bar is a simple way to make an ice cream bar party extra fun for Halloween.
SIMPLE HALLOWEEN PARTY DESSERT IDEA
Throwing a Halloween party can be so much fun…and also a lot of work.
If you are in need of an amazing dessert idea that will get tons of Boohs and Ahhhs, this Halloween Ice Cream Bar is perfect.
I put this Halloween Ice Cream Bar together with speed and ease for our annual family Halloween party. It’s everyone’s most favorite event of the year and we go all out! (Get the details of our Hocus Pocus Themed Party or Halloween Mixed Up Mystery Dinner)
THESE HALLOWEEN ICE CREAM IDEAS ARE GREAT FOR:
- Family parties
- Kid parties
- Trunk or Treats
- Ward parties
- Work parties
Because if you want to have a festive party without tons of work, you’ll love this Halloween ice cream bar party idea!
Related: 17 Easy Spooky Halloween Desserts
“PICK YOUR POISON” ICE CREAM BAR
HALLOWEEN SUNDAE SUPPLIES
- vanilla ice cream
- “spooky” ice cream sundae toppings (listed below)
- clear jars and bowls for toppings
- topping labels, optional
- Pick Your Poison backdrop (tutorial below)
HALLOWEEN ICE CREAM BAR IDEAS
1. Place all your ice cream toppings in varying jars and bowls. This can be done a few days before the party, to avoid last-minute stress.
2. Keep all the ice cream and toppings that need to be refrigerated in the fridge/freezer until you are ready to dig in!
3. All the rest of the toppings should be placed out on your table or buffet to create a fun and festive focal point for your party.
4. Add your simple backdrop and you’re all set up!
Related: 17 Easy Halloween Themed Desserts
These cheap jars from IKEA were perfect for some of the littler toppings.
You could go above and beyond to create fun labels for each of the toppings, but for the sake of time, I didn’t this time around.
HALLOWEEN DESSERT ICE CREAM BAR TOPPING IDEAS
To make this as easy as possible, I just picked up some of our favorite ice cream bar toppings. You can create spooky ice cream with these ice cream party toppings.
HALLOWEEN ICE CREAM SUNDAE TOPPINGS
Here are some easy Halloween ice cream bar toppings:
- Dirt- crushed oreos
- Ghost eyes- Chocolate Chips
- Witch Cackle Confetti- Halloween sprinkles
- Rotted teeth- toffee pieces
- Hairy spiders- gummy spiders
- Eyeballs- PB Chocolates
- Goblin guts- hot fudge
- Bleeding hearts- crushed berries
- Scarecrow teeth- candy corn
HALLOWEEN THEMED DESSERTS BACKDROP
Interested in making a backdrop for your Halloween Party Dessert Table? It’s so simple!
SUPPLIES YOU NEED:
- white foam board (from the dollar store)
- black electrical tape
- 5 minutes
- Start by placing a piece of tape across the foam board. Repeat until the entire board is covered, evenly spacing out the tape.
- Place on your dessert table.