*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Looking for an easy Halloween party dessert? This clever “Pick Your Poison” Halloween Dessert Ice Cream Bar is a simple way to make an ordinary Ice Cream bar extra festive using spooky toppings, old jars, and a 5-Minute party backdrop.
A Simple Halloween Party Dessert Idea
Throwing a Halloween party can be so much fun…and also a lot of work.
If you are in need of an amazing dessert idea that will get tons of Boohs and Ahhhs, this Halloween Ice Cream Bar is perfect.
I put this Halloween Ice Cream Bar together with speed and ease for our annual family Halloween party. It’s everyone’s most favorite event of the year and we go all out!
This dessert idea is perfect for:
- Family parties
- Kid parties
- Trunk or Treats
- Ward parties
- Work parties
Because if you want to have a festive party without tons of work, you’ll love this!
“PICK YOUR POISON” ICE CREAM BAR
WHAT YOU NEED:
- vanilla ice cream
- “spooky” ice cream toppings (listed below)
- clear jars and bowls for toppings
- topping labels, optional
- Pick Your Poison backdrop (tutorial below)
HOW TO SET UP THE ICE CREAM BAR:
1. Place all your ice cream toppings in varying jars and bowls. This can be done a few days before the party, to avoid last-minute stress.
2. Keep all the ice cream and toppings that need to be refrigerated in the fridge/freezer until you are ready to dig in!
3. All the rest of the toppings should be placed out on your table or buffet to create a fun and festive focal point for your party.
4. Add your simple backdrop and you’re all set up!
These cheap jars from IKEA were perfect for some of the littler toppings.
You could go above and beyond to create fun labels for each of the toppings, but for the sake of time, I didn’t this time around.
HALLOWEEN DESSERT ICE CREAM BAR TOPPING IDEAS
To make this as easy as possible, I just picked up some of our favorite ice cream bar toppings. Nearly everything you love on ice cream can be turned into a spooky topping.
HALLOWEEN ICE CREAM SUNDAE TOPPINGS
- Dirt- crushed oreos
- Ghost eyes- Chocolate Chips
- Witch Cackle Confetti- Halloween sprinkles
- Rotted teeth- toffee pieces
- Hairy spiders- gummy spiders
- Eyeballs- PB Chocolates
- Goblin guts- hot fudge
- Bleeding hearts- crushed berries
- Scarecrow teeth- candy corn
5-Minute Backdrop Tutorial
Interested in making a backdrop for your Halloween Party Dessert Table? It’s so simple!
SUPPLIES YOU NEED:
- white foam board (from the dollar store)
- black electrical tape
- 5 minutes
- Start by placing a piece of tape across the foam board. Repeat until the entire board is covered, evenly spacing out the tape.
- Place on your dessert table.