Carve out time for this fun Halloween dinner: cooking dinner in a pumpkin! Your family will fall in love with this festive Halloween tradition.
MAKING DINNER IN A PUMPKIN IS EASY PEASY!
Looking for some fun Halloween dinner recipes? Wondering what to cook for dinner?
A few years ago, we were the lucky dinner guests of a good friend who let us be a part of one of her family's favorite Halloween tradition: Making Dinner in a Pumpkin. I had always wanted to try making dinner in a pumpkin, but it seemed way to complicated. Until I learned from my friend that it was actually quite easy.
NO FANCY SKILLS OR INGREDIENTS REQUIRED
Even if you are not a gourmet cook, making dinner in a pumpkin is simple and delicious. There are just a few steps to follow and before you know it, you'll have a festive dinner for your family or friends.
STEPS TO COOK DINNER IN A PUMPKIN
There are lots of Halloween recipes dinner in a pumpkin out there, but we always use this one from my friend Alli because it's simple and delicious. The full recipe is below, but here is the rundown:
- Pick out a medium-size pumpkin. You'll want to be sure to get one that will fit in your oven!
- Clean out the pumpkin, removing all seeds as best you can.
- Draw a Jack-O-Lantern face on the outside with permanent black marker. Place on a large cookie sheet-- this is the one we use!
- Brown the meat and onions, and then combine all the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the dinner mixture into the pumpkin and bake.
HOW TO DRAW A PUMPKIN EASY
The fun part is drawing on your pumpkin! Here's how to draw a simple pumpkin face.
First, make 2 rainbow shaped lines for the eyes. Then draw a smaller rainbow shaped line in the center. Connect the two lines and fill in to draw a pumpkin eye.
Next, draw a triangle for the nose.
Finally, make 2 zig-zag lines about 1 inch apart. Connect the ends with a single line. Then fill in with the permanent marker.
And that's how to draw a Halloween pumpkin!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH YOUR JACK-O-LANTERN DINNER
Make your entire dinner festive by serving these sides with your dinner in a pumpkin.
- Rolls (buy premade or frozen roll dough for simplicity's sake!)
- Salad or veggie like corn
- 5-Minute Jello Spider Cups
- Decorate The Best Halloween Sugar Cookies
Dinner in a Pumpkin Recipe
What to make for dinner? Solved. Here's the recipe!Print
Be sure to tag your dinner in a pumpkin on social media with @sofestive and #celebratesimpler. I'd love to feature you!
Check out all 31 Days of Simple Halloween Ideas Here