Dinner in a Pumpkin- A Fun Halloween Tradition
Make this simple dinner in a pumpkin recipe for a fun family Halloween memory.
Dinner in a Pumpkin- A Fun Family Tradition
A few years ago, we were the lucky dinner guests of a good friend who let us be a part of one of her family’s favorite Halloween tradition: Making Dinner in a Pumpkin. I had always wanted to try making dinner in a pumpkin, but it seemed way to complicated. Until I learned from my friend that it was actually quite easy.
Even if you are not a gourmet cook, making dinner in a pumpkin is simple and delicious. There are just a few steps to follow and before you know it, you’ll have a festive dinner for your family or friends.
How to Make Dinner in a Pumpkin
There are lots of dinner in a pumpkin recipes out there, but we always use this one from my friend Alli because it’s simple and delicious. The full recipe is below, but here is the rundown:
- Pick out a medium-size pumpkin. You’ll want to be sure to get one that will fit in your oven!
- Clean out the pumpkin, removing all seeds as best you can.
- Draw a Jack-0-lantern face on the outside with permanent black marker. Place on a large cookie sheet— this is the one we use!
- Brown the meat and onions, and then combine all the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the dinner mixture into the pumpkin and bake.
Make your entire dinner festive by serving these sides with your dinner in a pumpkin.
- Rolls (buy premade or frozen roll dough for simplicity’s sake!)
- Salad or veggie like corn
- 5-Minute Jello Spider Cups
- Decorate The Best Halloween Sugar Cookies
Dinner in a Pumpkin Recipe
Be sure to tag your dinner in a pumpkin on social media with @sofestive and #celebratesimpler. I’d love to feature you!
Check out all 31 Days of Simple Halloween Ideas Here