*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
These adorable and healthy Frankenstein floats are an easy way to make Halloween breakfast or snack extra festive. If you don’t want the healthy version, don’t worry. I’ve got a delicious and sweeter alternative at the end of the post!
Frankenstein Floats for the Win!
You guys, I have a problem. I get so excited this time of year! My mind comes up with million and one Halloween ideas. I have to write them all down because we barely get through half of them. The problem with all the Halloween ideas that come is that most of them are treat related. Not that treats aren’t super fun. You can best believe I love festive Halloween treats. Remember the adorable Halloween Spider Jello Cups? Or my favorite way to make and decorate Halloween Sugar Cookies?
But…with trick-or-treating, parties, and pumpkin desserts, I usually feel sugar over-loaded by the end of October.
FESTIVE HALLOWEEN GREEN SMOOTHIES
Well…these Frankenstein Floats are just the perfect thing to offset all that sugar! In fact, there is no added sugar and they taste super good. Even my kids will drink them. We like them for breakfast or a snack.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR FRANKENSTEIN FLOATS:
- green smoothies (recipe below)
- clear school glue or super glue if the googly eyes are self-adhesive
- googly eyes
- clear cups
- black and white paper straws
HOW TO MAKE YOUR FRANKENSTEIN FLOAT CUPS:
- Glue the eyes on the cup. Let dry completely. This can be done in advance.
- Using the Sharpie, draw a Frankenstein mouth below the eyes.
- Fill your Frankenstein cup with the green smoothie recipe. or lime sherbet and sprite (for a non-healthy treat)
SWEETER FRANKENSTEIN FLOAT RECIPE
If you’d like to make a Frankenstein Float for a dessert or party food instead of breakfast or healthy snack, I’ve got a yummy and super simple alternative!
We like to call these drinks Green Mean Machines and we make them for St. Patrick’s Day, but by golly, Halloween is the perfect time to make them too.
Just look at the frothy, green goodness! They’d be perfect in your Frankenstein Float cups. Grab the recipe here. You’ll be sipping in under 5 minutes!
Looking for more healthy and simple Halloween snack ideas? Click here for a few more!
FRANKENSTEIN FLOAT GREEN SMOOTHIE RECIPEPrint
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 2 large bananas
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fruit (I love the tropical fruit medley from Costco)
- 1 cup almond or regular milk
- ice, optional
- chia seeds, optional
- If you have just a regular blender like us, this is the order we make them in.
- Blend spinach and milk together until the spinach is totally fine.
- Add in bananas and blend.
- Put in frozen fruit in small quantaties until everything is blended well.
- Add more ice and/or milk if you want to make it thicker or thinner.
- Serve in your adorable Frankenstein Float cups.