The best soft caramel apple dip… no reheating required and stays good in the fridge for weeks!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Combine butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and boil for 7 minutes. Stir consistently so it doesn’t burn.
- After 7 minutes, reduce heat to low. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and cream cheese together with a hand mixer until very smooth. If you skip this step, you will have small white lumps of cream in your caramel. It will taste fine, just won’t be as pretty. Make sure your cream cheese is very soft to avoid lumps.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container. This caramel dip stays soft, so you will not have to reheat it each time you eat it unless you want it warm. Dip apples, bananas, or other fruit in it.
- Category: Dips
Keywords: caramel apple dip, fruit dip, caramel, caramel apples, dip for apples, caramel dip for apples