*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This is hands-down the BEST caramel dip for apples or any other fruit. It’s easy to make, perfect to feed a crowd, and the best part?
This caramel dip will stay soft for weeks without reheating!
THE BEST CARAMEL DIP FOR APPLES
I know it’s pretty bold to say this caramel dip recipe is the best ever. But really, it’s the truth.
Caramel apples are such a popular treat in the Fall along with pumpkin recipes but sometimes making a full caramel apple isn’t practical if you have lots of people to feed or are short on time.
And let’s not forget how those other caramel apple dips don’t stay soft, so you have to reheat it like every 30 seconds?
That’s why this caramel apple dip is the bomb dot com (not to mention the 2nd most popular recipe I’ve ever shared!) You can enjoy the delicious taste of caramel apples with minimal effort on your part.
You make this soft caramel dip once and it stays soft for weeks (even after it has been refrigerated.)
WHY YOU’LL FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS CARAMEL APPLE DIP RECIPE
- This caramel dip is delicious! The flavor is light and creamy– a great compliment to apples, bananas, pineapple. It’s also yummy on ice cream! Or just plain by the spoonful. Don’t worry. I won’t tell.
- This caramel apple dip stays soft without any reheating! Seriously. Ever made some delicious caramel that hardens after just a few minutes? Not this one.
- This recipe makes a ton-around 7 cups of caramel goodness! But don’t let that scare you. (You’ll see why in my next reason.) Because it makes so much, it’s the perfect recipe for a baby shower, bridal shower, caramel apple bar , Thanksgiving dinner, back to school snack, and more! You can feed a crowd simply.
- The dip stays well in the fridge for a few weeks, so you can make a big batch of it and have it ready for a party, snack, dessert, or treat to take to someone on a moment’s notice.You can try out these other simple caramel apple dip recipes, but this one is still our favorite! Period.
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL DIP FOR APPLES
This caramel apple dip is easy to make. Combine brown sugar, butter, light corn syrup, and salt in a medium sauce pan and cook for a few minutes.
Then add in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and cook for a few more minutes.
The last step of this caramel apple dip recipe is to stir in cream cheese and sour cream, which is the secret to making this caramel dip so amazing and soft.
This recipe can be made in advance. And like I’ve said before, you can pull it out of the fridge whenever you are ready to eat it and it will be soft and ready for dipping apples!
Of course, apples are the most obvious choice for dipping, but you can also dip pretzels, cookies, graham crackers, bananas, strawberries, etc. in this. Or use this caramel dip on top of your ice cream!
CARAMEL APPLE DIP TIPS
- Although making caramel for apple dipping is not hard, be very careful to not burn it.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese very well together making sure there are no lumps before you stir them into the cooked caramel mixture.
- You can half the recipe if you don’t need 7 cups worth. But since the dip stays good in the fridge for a few weeks, just make the whole batch and use it for gifts if you can’t eat it all.
- Make sure you have a clean, large bowl with a lid to store the caramel dip in after you have made it.
- This makes yummy and easy Fall gifts! Pick up some smaller glass jars to place the dip in and wrap it up in cellophane with an apple! So cute!
- Use this 16-slice apple cutter to make cutting apples so quick and easy!
PERFECT FOR CARAMEL APPLE BARS
If you’re wondering if this recipe is great for a Caramel Apple Bar, the answer is YES!
Like I mentioned, it stays soft for a few weeks in the fridge, meaning that if you are having a bridal shower, baby shower, or other Fall gathering say a family dinner, you can prepare this dip ahead of time and serve it as part of your caramel apple bar.
HERE’S THE BEST CARAMEL APPLE DIP RECIPE!
This really is the best caramel for apple dipping recipe you’ll ever find. So don’t wait! Make this asap. I promise you’re going to love it!
After you make this recipe, will you pretty please leave a comment with a star rating? This will help others find this amazing recipe! Thanks SO much! ♡Print
The best soft caramel apple dip… no reheating required and stays good in the fridge for weeks!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- Combine butter, brown sugar, light corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat and boil for 7 minutes. Stir consistently so it doesn’t burn.
- After 7 minutes, reduce heat to low. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cool until it is just warm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, mix the sour cream and cream cheese together with a hand mixer until very smooth. If you skip this step, you will have small white lumps of cream in your caramel. It will taste fine, just won’t be as pretty. Make sure your cream cheese is very soft to avoid lumps.
- Store in the fridge in an air-tight container. This caramel dip stays soft, so you will not have to reheat it each time you eat it unless you want it warm. Dip apples, bananas, or other fruit in it.
- Category: Dips
Keywords: caramel apple dip, fruit dip, caramel, caramel apples, dip for apples, caramel dip for apples