The only caramel apple dip recipe you’ll ever need. This caramel apple dip stays soft in the fridge without microwaving. Make a big batch ahead of time for your next gathering!
Happy First Day of Fall! I love so many things about Fall, but fall food is one of my favorites. And since I’m no longer allergic to apples (yes, it’s true!), I’ve been eating lots and lots of apples lately dipped in the best caramel apple dip. Ever.
Why is this caramel apple dip so good?
I know it’s pretty bold to say it’s the best ever. And I rarely claim something to be THE BEST.
But when it comes to these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (2 dozen cookies in 25 minutes, yes please!) and this Caramel Apple Dip, I will make an exception. I will claim them to be the best all day long.
Here’s why you’re going to fall in love with this caramel dip:
- This caramel apple dip is delicious! The flavor is light and creamy– a great compliment to apples, bananas, pineapple. It’s also yummy on ice cream! Or just plain by the spoonful. Don’t worry. I won’t tell.
- I love that this caramel apple dip stays soft without any reheating! Seriously. Ever made some delicious caramel that hardens after just a few minutes? Not this one.
- This recipe makes a ton. Like a lot! We are talking around 7 cups of caramel goodness. But don’t let that scare you. (You’ll see why in my next reason.) Because it makes so much, it’s the perfect recipe for a baby shower, bridal shower, caramel apple bar , Thanksgiving dinner, back to school snack, and more! You can feed a crowd simply.
- The dip stays well in the fridge for a few weeks, so you can make a big batch of it and have it ready for a party, snack, dessert, or treat to take to someone on a moment’s notice.You can try out these other simple caramel apple dip recipes, but this one is still our favorite! Period.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- brown sugar
- real butter
- light corn syrup
- sweetened condensed milk
- sour cream
- cream cheese
- salt and vanilla
- apples, bananas, pineapple, or your favorite fruit
A few things you should know:
- You can half the recipe.
- Make sure you have a clean, large bowl to store the caramel in after you have made it.
- This makes yummy and easy Fall gifts! Pick up some smaller glass jars to place the dip in and wrap it up in cellophane with an apple! So cute!
Learn from my mistake
Although making this caramel is not hard, you’ll want to be very careful when you make it so that you don’t overcook it.
The first time I made it I nearly burned it because I cooked it on too high of a heat. And I added double the sour cream. Oops! It still tasted fine, but the caramel apple dip will look much prettier and taste even better if you make it correctly.
Tip: So make sure to cook on a low heat to avoid burning and add the right amount of sour cream.
Caramel Apple Bar Ideas
If you’re wondering if this recipe is great for a Caramel Apple Bar, the answer is YES!
Like I mentioned, it stays soft for a few weeks in the fridge, meaning that if you are having a bridal shower, baby shower, or other Fall gathering say a family dinner, you can prepare this dip ahead of time and serve it as part of your caramel apple bar.
Here’s a Caramel Apple Bar we put together for our “Fall In Love” bridal shower.
Craving more? Get this delicious recipe plus 15 of our best Holiday & Party Foods You Can Make In a Hurry! It’s completely FREE.
Here’s the Caramel Apple Dip Recipe!