Looking for a Halloween Party Favor? Make these simple DIY Paper Pumpkins and fill them with your favorite fall treats. Includes a template for you!
DIY Pumpkin Party Favors
I created these cute little pumpkin party favors last Halloween for my son's preschool class. They were a big hit among the 3- year olds, but I think they are cute enough that any age would appreciate them!
Related: Halloween ideas for more inspiration!
You can fill them with Halloween treats and goodies, or opt for a healthier snack. I used my Silhouette machine to cut them out, but don't fear. If you don't have one, I have a tutorial below.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Orange, brown, and green cardstock
- Exacto knife or Silhouette digital craft cutter
- Stapler or Glue
- Silhouette Pumpkin Party Favor Template - download it at the bottom of this post!
- Plastic bags filled with candy or snacks
HOW TO MAKE PAPER PUMPKIN PARTY FAVORS:
- If you are using a Silhouette, download the template above and use your craft cutter to cut. Then skip to step 4.
- If you are cutting by hand, measure a piece of orange cardstock to be 3.5" wide by 9.75" long, approximately. This is what you are creating:
- Then cut a jack-o-lantern face out of the cardstock or draw one on.
- Fold the pumpkin so that the middle section is about 2 inches long. You want it big enough so that the pumpkin will stand up by itself.
- Cut a small piece of brown paper to resemble a stem. Roll up a thin piece of green paper to resemble the other part of the stem.
- Attach the candy bag, stem pieces and secure with a staple, like this:
How cute and simple is that? So pin this for easy reference later!