*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
A comforting and delicious Pumpkin Bread recipe you will fall in love with.
A SIMPLE PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
If you need a simple pumpkin bread recipe, this is it!
This is my mom’s famous pumpkin bread recipe that she would make each Fall. I can still remember coming home from school on a chilly afternoon and have this homemade pumpkin bread waiting for us.
What I love about this recipe is that it has just the right amount of pumpkin, without being too overbearing.
You can add in a few chocolate chips for good measure, making this a great after-dinner treat.
THIS RECIPE ONLY REQUIRES BASIC INGREDIENTS
No fancy ingredients required for this pumpkin treat. That means you can whip up a few loaves without needing to go to the store.
I bet you have all the ingredients you need in your pantry:
- canned pumpkin
- baking soda
- chocolate chips (optional, but I highly recommend it!)
HOW TO MAKE IT HEALTHIER
I always decrease the sugar by half and reduce the oil to 3/4 cup just to cut down on those extra calories. It still turns out wonderfully.
HOW LONG DOES THIS PUMPKIN BREAD TAKE TO MAKE?
While this recipe will only take you about 5 minutes to make the batter, baking will take 45-75 minutes, depending on what size of bread pan you use.
For mini loaf pans, plan to bake it for approximately 45-50 minutes. It’s done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
For large loaf plans, check after 1 hour. Bake an additional 10 minutes as needed.
OTHER FALL PUMPKIN RECIPES TO TRY
Here’s the recipe! I hope this pumpkin bread makes a debut at your house this Fall.Print
Delicious pumpkin bread using basic pantry ingredients
- 3 cups sugar (I use 1.5 cups)
- 1 cup oil (I use 3/4 cup)
- 1 lb. canned pumpkin (or you can the entire 1 lb. 13 oz. large can)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- chocolate chips, optional
- Cream together the sugar, oil, pumpkin, and eggs. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift all of the dry ingredients together. Combine dry ingredients with wet and pour in additional 2/3 cup water. Stir well.
- Pour into 2 large greased bread pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Category: Bread
Keywords: pumpkin bread, pumpkin, pumpkin chocolate chip