If you’re looking for an easy way to create a family fun night, this post is for you! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EffortlessMeals #CollectiveBias
We really, really love pizza! So much so, that we have a Pizza Friday tradition around here. While we love making homemade pizza, I’ll be honest, I just don’t always have the energy to make pizza from scratch every Friday night (especially at 32 weeks pregnant!) Effortless Meals from Walmart to the rescue!
If you’re in the same boat, don’t you worry. Let me show you how easy it is to still have a Family Fun Friday night without a lot of effort.
1. Pick up a Marketside pizza meal from your local Walmart.
Walmart makes it super easy to find these effortless meals. Just look for the signs near the Deli section. We chose the Pizza Meal, but you can also choose a Rotisserie Chicken meal that comes with sides and a drink. The Pizza Meals include a 16″ pepperoni or 5 cheese pizza and a 2-liter of your favorite Coca-Cola soda. We don’t drink soda very often, but with pizza, it’s a favorite!
2. Cook the pizza. Stick with the traditional oven method or cook it on the grill! The pizzas last well a few days in the fridge, so you can buy it in advance until you are ready for Pizza Friday! I can’t tell you happy it made me to have dinner prepared a few days ahead of the game.
Put out a plate of fresh fruit and veggies with the pizza and you’ve got yourself an effortless meal!
3. Be sure to use paper plates and cups so you can have more time for fun and less cleanup time!
I always love using fun patterned paper straws. They make an ordinary dinner seem extra special!
4. Once you are done eating, do something active with your familiy! We love family bike rides, walks, or going to a park!
5. End the night with a movie and popcorn! There’s something about cuddling up as a family with a huge bowl of popcorn and watching a great movie together. Our kids don’t always make it through all the way, but they love family movie nights and we do, too. It’s an easy way to wind down for the night.
See how easy it is to have a fun family Friday night without a lot of effort? Start Pizza Fridays at your house!
Get more inspiration for your effortless Pizza Friday nights here.
SPEAKING OF FAMILY TRADITIONS…Check out our other favorite family traditions:
And hey, September 5th is National Cheese pizza day! Now you have an easy way to celebrate!