*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Hosting a family party or gathering with friends? This Homemade Pizza Party still holds the record for one of my family’s all-time favorite gatherings. Here’s 5 tips to make your pizza party a success! Simply.
1. Plan out your menu. This is the fun part! Use pizza ideas from your favorite pizzerias or make up your own combinations.
2. Give your guests some pizza topping combination ideas. If you have a giant chalkboard, use it! You could also use butcher paper, a white board, or smaller menu cards. Don’t mind that I spelled Pizzeria wrong for our party. I was in a hurry! We stuck with some traditional pizza ideas and put in a few new ones to try.
^this was a King family party, hence the crowns 🙂
^ all of our pizza combinations!
3. Simplify the party prep and cleanup.
- You can get a few different varieties of dough at Trader Joe’s for just over $1 a bag that will make 2 thin-crust pizzas. Or check your local bakery for pre-made dough. Using pre-made dough will save you lots of stress and time.
- Many toppings can be cut and prepared well before the party starts. Do this early to avoid last minute stress!
- Line the counter and table with butcher paper to make the clean-up easy peasy!
4. The party is all about making the pizza. (And good company, of course.) This is one party where you don’t need to have all the food made before the party starts. Hallelujah!
Set out all the toppings and let your guests get creative by topping their own pizzas.
5. Bake your pizzas in a 450 degree oven. If using thin crust, you will only need to bake each pizza for 5 minutes or less. Watch it carefully so you don’t burn it! For best results, use pizza stones. It helps if you put your pizza on parchment paper, then transfer it to the already-warm pizza stone. Once it’s done baking, removed the parchment paper with the pizza on top to a cookie sheet or plate where you can cut it. Repeat.
Who wants to have a pizza party? These photos are making me hungry.