*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Doing this fun birthday interview with your kids each year will help you keep track of all their favorite things.
BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW: A FAVORITE BIRTHDAY TRADITION
If you want a simple way to keep track of all your child’s favorite things throughout the years, this kid’s birthday interview is for you!
I created this adorable birthday interview printable when my oldest was 3 because I realized that I was never going to remember all the little details of his life unless I wrote them down.
And now, doing these yearly interview questions has become a favorite birthday tradition!
Especially when I hear funny answers like: “If I had a million dollars, I’d buy a wheelbarrow! ”
Ready to make this become a favorite tradition in your family?
Grab the printable Birthday Interview here!
For just a few dollars, you can buy once, and print as many times as you need year after year for all the children in your family! You also get: binder cover sheet, birthday planner, and more!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS BIRTHDAY TRADITION EASY
- These birthday questions for preschoolers and kids make age 3 a good year to start the interviews. You want your kids to be old enough that they can answer questions.
- Print a stack of birthday interviews at a time and then you’ll be ready year after year.
- Set aside about 10 minutes on the birthday or during the week to do the interview.
- Place your completed interviews in a sheet protector and then in a binder to store them.
BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
The birthday interview questions for kids are simple, but will also give a good snapshot of what your child is like at that specific time.
I create this printable with good birthday questions that will help both them and me remember them at this age!
Some of the birthday questions are:
- What makes you happy?
- What’s your favorite thing to do outside?
- What’s your favorite color, holiday, food, etc.?
- Who are your friends?
- What do you like to learn about?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
And one of my favorite parts is the place for their signature at the bottom!
BIRTHDAY INTERVIEW BOOK
So, you’ve done the interview, now what? Where do you store these? Setting up a designated place for the completed birthday questions is the key to making this easy to keep up year after year.
Create a Birthday Interview Book is a simple way to store the interviews.
This is where any special paper keepsakes are saved, including birthday interviews.
In fact, the birthday question sheets become yearly tabs in a way. Once the new interview is filled out, I slip it into a page protector and then put in their binder. Then any favorite school work or special items within that year follow.
SHOP THE SUPPLIES
I hope you enjoy this birthday tradition as much as we do! Have so much fun with it!
Other Favorite Birthday Traditions