*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Making red, white, and blue layered drinks for the 4th of July is super simple with this tutorial! Layered drinks are such a fun & festive way to cool off!
Easy Layered Red, White, and Blue Drinks
Oh, there are just so many fun and festive foods for the Fourth of July. Think anything red, white, and blue and you are set! From adorable flag waffles to star-spangled fruit skewers to 4th of July Poke Cake , we love patriotic foods!
If you’re looking for a festive patriotic drink to add to your parties, you’ll love thees easy red, white, and blue layered drinks.
I get it… hosting can be a lot of work…so much so that I usually bag the drinks. But these are easy and quick to make!
- 4th of July BBQs
- Firework watching parties
- Or any other time during the year…you can customize these layered drinks for any holiday! (see below why!)
What you’ll need:
- Red, white, and blue beverages with different sugar content. We used Langer’s Cranberry Raspberry, V8 Splash Tropical Colada and Powerade Zero. (Any drinks will do…just make sure they have different sugar content levels.)
- clear plastic cups
- Striped straws. Okay, totally optional. But more festive that way!
How-to make easy layered 4th of July drinks
1. Pour 1/3 cup full of the beverage with the highest sugar content. Add a few cubes of ice. In our case, the red. Ice is very important! You will carefully pour your next layer beverage (the white) on top of the first layer. Make sure it lands on the ice first so that it makes a separate layer. Add a bit more ice. Then pour the remaining layer.
It doesn’t matter what beverages you choose, just make sure they have different sugar content levels. The drinks will layer with highest sugar content at the bottom.
Making these Fourth of July layered drinks elicited a “I love making things with you mom!” from my three year old. I guess that means these drinks are a winner!
These would be a great and festive way to cool off in the afternoon. Say with a water fight. Anyone? Anyone?