*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
The most festive 4th of July drinks that are kid-friendly and easy to make.
FESTIVE 4TH OF JULY DRINKS
Need a kid-friendly, non alcoholic 4th of July drink? You will love this easy red, white, and blue layered drink! Layered drinks are so fun because you can choose any of your favorite beverages with different sugar content levels to make a layered drink.
Whether you are going to 4th of July party BBQ or want a way to cool off in the summer heat, these cool drinks will be a hit of the party.
Related: 15 Fabulous 4th of July Recipes
4TH OF JULY DRINK INGREDIENTS
- Red, white, and blue beverages with different sugar content. We used Langer’s Cranberry Raspberry, V8 Splash Tropical Colada and Powerade Zero. (Any drinks will do…just make sure they have different sugar content levels.)
- clear plastic cups
- Striped straws.
- Ice bucket
SHOP THE POST
HOW TO MAKE LAYERED 4TH OF JULY DRINKS
1. Pour 1/3 cup full of the beverage with the highest sugar content into the cup. Add a few ice cubes.
2. Carefully pour the drink (with the next highest sugar content level) onto the ice. Do this slowly so it lands on the ice first.
3. Add a bit more ice. Then add the 3rd drink (the one with the lowest sugar content by grams).
It doesn’t matter what red, white, and blue beverages you choose, just make sure they have different sugar content levels. The drinks will layer with highest sugar content at the bottom.
Making these Fourth of July layered drinks elicited a “I love making things with you mom!” from my three year old. I guess that means these drinks are a winner!
OTHER 4TH OF JULY DRINK IDEAS:
Red, White, and Blue 4th of July drink
- Red, white and blue juice or beverage that have 3 different sugar content amounts. Examples (Langer’s Cranberry Raspberry, V8 Splash Tropical Colada and Powerade Zero.) Any drinks will do, but preferably choose drink flavors that will complement each other.
- Clear cups
- Pour the drink with the highest sugar content in the cup or pitcher first. Add enough ice cubes so that the surface layer is covered.
- Pour the next highest sugar content drink in next. Be careful to pour slowly and pour directly onto the ice cubes so that it does not mix with the first layer.
- Add ice. Then repeat with the 3rd drink.
- Add a straw and sip away.
- You can use any drink you want in any color. Just make sure the total grams of sugar amount varies drastically in each drink.
- Category: Drinks
Keywords: 4th of july drinks, non-alcoholic drinks