*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Looking for an easy and festive Fourth of July side dish? Make these adorable Star Jello Jigglers for a treat everyone will love!
It’s time to start thinking about some easy ways to festify your Fourth of July. Here’s one idea that is super quick, the kids can help out, not to mention they will love.
What you need:
- A large box (6 oz. ) gelatin, red or blue
- Cool whip or whipped cream
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- Star cookie cutter
How to make this easy Fourth of July dessert jello:
1. Boil 1 1/4 cup water. Then mix in 6 oz. of gelatin. Stir well until all the gelatin is dissolved. (This follows the jiggler recipe)
2. Pour the gelatin into a 9 x 9 dish for thick stars or 9 x 13 pan for thinner stars. Let the Jello set up for a few hours or until firm.
3. Spread cool whip on top. Then sprinkle! Using a star cookie cutter, cut into stars. Keep cold until ready to eat.
- Check your nearest Target Dollar Spot for some cheap and cute patriotic-colored sprinkles.
- Make this dessert jello up to 2 days in advance.
- Wait to put the sprinkles on until you are ready to serve. They will melt over time.