Easy beach cupcakes with edible sand and homemade buttercream frosting.
- Vanilla cupcakes - homemade or from a box
- Graham crackers or vanilla wafers, blended
- blue and white frosting
- goldfish crackers
- Bake cupcakes and completely cool them. (You can freeze them right after removing them from the oven to store in moisture).
- For frosting: cream butter and milk together. Slowly add powdered sugar, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you go. Add in the vanilla. Split in two bowls. Add blue food coloring to one bowl and stir.
- To decorate, cover 2/3 of the cupcake with white frosting.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers/cookies on the top. Then frost the remaining 1/3 with blue frosting.
- Add a goldfish cracker and mini umbrella.