*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
How to make adorable beach cupcakes with edible sand. These are perfect for summer parties, kids crafts, or when you just to need to escape to the beach!
EASY & CUTE BEACH CUPCAKES
Having beach-themed party? Or just want to think about escaping to the beach?
These adorable & easy cupcakes are so quick to make and so easy!
My three year old has been asking to go to the beach nearly every day lately! So for his end-of-preschool party, we made some beach cupcakes to welcome summer. Okay, it may not officially be summer until June, but we can’t wait that long to start doing summery things. Including making beach cupcakes. 🙂
WHAT YOU’LL NEED FOR BEACH CUPCAKES:
- cupcakes (we used a box cake mix!)
- white cupcake liners (I buy bulk white cupcake liners because they’re the cheapest I’ve seen and I love having a big stash on hand!)
- frosting- blue and white, homemade or store-bought (frosting recipe below)
- goldfish crackers
- graham crackers or vanilla wafers, crushed
- mini umbrellas (directions below) or buy mini umbrellas here
STEPS TO DECORATE YOUR BEACH CUPCAKES
These beach cupcakes are so very easy to decorate. In fact, if you need an activity for kids, this would be a fun project.
1. Start by frosting just over half of the cupcake with the white frosting. Then sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the frosting. Shake off an excess “sand.”
2. Frost the remaining section with the blue frosting. Stick a goldfish on the frosting while it is still wet.
3. Add an umbrella. Wow your guests with these beach cupcakes!
HOW TO MAKE THE PAPER UMBRELLAS
- Cut a circle out of your favorite patterned paper. I used a 2.5″ circle punch. If you don’t have a punch, trace a cup and use scissors to cut the circles.
- Make a slit just into the center of the circle.
- Wrap both sides around, forming a dome and secure with glue or double-sided tape.
- Stick a toothpick through the center. Easy, huh?
Related: Free Beach Trip Packing List
Place them on a platter and you are all ready to party! Enjoy!