How to make adorable beach cupcakes with edible sand. These are great summer cupcakes!
THE EASIEST BEACH CUPCAKES
Having beach-themed party? Or just want to think about escaping to the beach?
These adorable & easy beach-themed cupcakes are so quick to make and so easy!
My three year old has been asking to go to the beach nearly every day lately! So for his end-of-preschool party, we made some beach themed cupcakes to welcome summer.
Okay, it may not officially be summer until June, but we can't wait that long to start doing summery things. Including making beach cupcakes. 🙂
BEACH CUPCAKES RECIPE:
Here's what you need to make the summer-themed cupcakes.
- cupcakes (we used a box cake mix!)
- white cupcake liners (I buy bulk white cupcake liners because they're the cheapest I've seen and I love having a big stash on hand!)
- frosting- blue and white, homemade frosting recipe below
- goldfish crackers
- graham crackers or vanilla wafers, crushed
- mini umbrellas (directions below) or buy mini umbrellas here
BEACH CUPCAKE IDEAS
These beach cupcakes are so very easy to decorate. In fact, this summer cupcake idea is a perfect one for little kids!
1. Make vanilla cupcakes either from scratch or a box. We use a box to make it quick and easy! Let cool completely.
2. Start by frosting just over half of the cupcake with the white frosting. Then sprinkle the crushed graham crackers over the frosting. Shake off an excess "sand."
2. Frost the remaining section with the blue frosting. Stick a goldfish on the frosting while it is still wet.
3. Add an umbrella.
4. Enjoy your beachy cupcakes.
HOW TO MAKE THE SUMMER THEME CUPCAKES UMBRELLAS
- Cut a circle out of your favorite patterned paper. I used a 2.5" circle punch. If you don't have a punch, trace a cup and use scissors to cut the circles.
- Make a slit just into the center of the circle.
- Wrap both sides around, forming a dome and secure with glue or double-sided tape.
- Stick a toothpick through the center. Easy, huh?
Place them on a platter and you are all ready to party! Enjoy!
You could also use this method to make beach themed cakes!