Delicious pasta dish with a hint of Cajun flavoring--a more flavorful alternative to alfredo.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente (or 8 oz for 2 cups cream)
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1-2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add green onions, cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and heat through. (The longer you let it simmer, the thicker it will be.)
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese. Add more Cajun seasoning if desired.
Original recipe from Ashley Eves