The best Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe you can make in under 30 minutes! It’s a perfect choice for a fancy dinner or just right for a quick week-night meal!
Cajun Chicken Pasta for the Win!
After my little girl Evelyn was born, my good friend Ashley brought us Cajun Chicken Pasta for dinner. I knew it would be delicious since anything she has ever made before is just so. I begged her for the recipe because after eating it just that one time, it became a favorite that we would want to add to our meal rotation.
My husband makes a mean Fettuccine Alfredo at our house. And while his famous alfredo is still one of our go-to meals , this Cajun Chicken Pasta has jumped to to top of the favorites list.
Why this Cajun Chicken Pasta is so good!
I’d be the first to admit that I don’t usually love cajun-flavored foods, but don’t be scared! The flavors of Cajun seasoning, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and light cream make it delicious.
You can add as much Cajun seasoning as you like. So if you like it spicy, you got it! If you like it mild, the more power to you!
What You Need:
This recipe calls for some pretty basic ingredients. In fact, don’t be surprised if you have most of these ingredients on hand.
- Cajun Seasoning
- green onions
- sun-dried tomatoes
- fresh parmesan cheese
What that means for you?
You can make this delicious dinner quickly!
Tip: Top with some fresh grated Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.
Serve This Cajun Chicken Pasta With:
- The Easiest, No-Knead Bread
- Green salad
- Your favorite dessert
The Best Cajun Chicken Pasta!Print
A more flavorful alternative to fettucine Alfredo.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente (or 8 oz for 2 cups cream)
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning (more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1–2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp dried basil
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until chicken is tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Add green onions, cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, and pepper and heat through. (The longer you let it simmer, the thicker it will be.)
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese. Add more Cajun seasoning if desired.
Original recipe from Ashley Eves