There are plenty of reasons to celebrate in May! Check out May national holidays plus other fun & random holidays.
What are all the holidays in May?
Believe it or not, there are so many fun celebrations this month from May Day to Memorial Day.
So don't wait for a big holiday, gather your friends or family and have little funYou don't have to wait for a big holiday to celebrate! Check out these fun & random May holidays you can celebrate. From May Day to Memorial Day, there's a great reason to gather your friends or family and have a little fun.
WHAT IS CELEBRATED IN MAY?
Besides the daily holidays in May, here's a list of May monthly observances.
- ALS Awareness Month
- Asian American Month
- Creative Beginnings Month
- Foster Care Month
- Latino Books Month
- Lupus Awareness Month
- National Barbeque Month
- National Bike Month
- National Hamburger Month
- National Inventors Month
- National Lyme Disease Awareness Month
- National Mental Health Month
- National Military Appreciation Month
- National Pet Month
- National Photo Month
- National Salad Month
- National Wild Fire Awareness Month
- Young Achievers of Tomorrow Month
HOLIDAYS IN MAY
May 1: May Day
- Create mini flower bouquets and deliver them to someone
May 2: Brother & Sisters Day
- Call your brother or sister and tell them you love them!
May 4: Star Wars Day
- Have a Star Wars Dinner
- Watch Star Wars
- Make Yoda Soda
May 4: Kentucky Derby Day
May 5: Cinco de Mayo
May 5: National Hoagie Day
May 6: National Nurses Day
- Honor the nurses in your life with a simple thank you card
May 6: International No Diet Day
May 8: No Sock Day
- Don't wear socks all day
- Eat empanadas for dinner
May 8: National Empanada Day
- Eat empanadas for dinner
May 10: Clean Up Your Room Day
- No excuses! Give your bedroom a good cleaning!
May 11: Eat What You Want Day
- This is self-explanatory. Eat what you want today!
May 13: National Apple Pie Day
May 14: Mother's Day 2023 (2nd Sunday)
- Celebrate your mom!
- Make mini bouquets for mothers and grandmothers
- Honor the women who aren't moms yet
May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day
May 17: National Bike to Work Day
- Ride your bike to work!
May 18: No Dirty Dishes Day, Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday)
- Keep those dishes clean or use paper plates!
- Honor your Armed Forces friends
May 19: National Devil’s Food Cake Day
May 19: World Baking Day
May 19: Plant a Veggie Garden
May 21: Victoria Day (Canada)
May 22: National Vanilla Pudding Day, Buy a Musical Instrument Day
- Buy a ukelele and learn to play!
May 23: National Taffy Day
May 23: Lucky Penny Day
May 24: National Escargot Day
May 25: National Brown-Bag-It Day
- Have a brown bag lunch or dinner
May 26: Sally Ride Day
- Celebrate the first woman in Space with a space treat like Milky Way
May 28: National Hamburger Day
- Have a Hamburger Slider bar!
May 29: Memorial Day 2023 (last Monday)
- Visit cemeteries of your loved ones
- Give a meaningful Sympathy gift to someone who has just lost someone
May 30- Water a Flower Day
Pin this for easy reference later!
I love this post .I am a schedule coordinator for our county senior citizens center, we will enjoy doing the holiday ideas listed here and celebrating May!!!
Thank you so very much
I'm so glad it will be helpful! Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Jennifer Avila says
I love these lists of holidays with the cute border for every month. How can I get the list of holidays for the month of January and February?
We are working to get these months done within the next month!