There are plenty of reasons to celebrate in May! Check out these fun & random holidays and pick a few to celebrate! I’ve also included links for simple ways to celebrate them.
What are all the holidays in May? Believe it or not, there are so many fun celebrations this month from May Day to Memorial Day.
So don’t wait for a big holiday, gather your friends or family and have little funYou don’t have to wait for a big holiday to celebrate! Check out these fun & random May holidays you can celebrate. From May Day to Memorial Day, there’s a great reason to gather your friends or family and have a little fun.
May 1: May Day
- Create mini flower bouquets and deliver them to someone
May 2: Brother & Sisters Day
- Call your brother or sister and tell them you love them!
May 4: Star Wars Day, Kentucky Derby Day
- Have a Star Wars Dinner
- Watch Star Wars
May 5: Cinco de Mayo, National Hoagie Day
May 6: National Nurses Day, International No Diet Day
- Honor the nurses in your life with a simple thank you card
May 8: No Sock Day, National Empanada Day
- Don’t wear socks all day
- Eat empanadas for dinner
May 10: Clean Up Your Room Day
- No excuses! Give your bedroom a good cleaning!
May 11: Eat What You Want Day
- This is self-explanatory. Eat what you want today!
May 12: Mother’s Day (2nd Sunday)
- Celebrate your mom!
- Make mini bouquets for mothers and grandmothers
- Honor the women who aren’t moms yet
May 13: National Apple Pie Day; National Fruit Cocktail Day
May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day
May 17: National Bike to Work Day
- Ride your bike to work!
May 18: No Dirty Dishes Day, Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday)
- Keep those dishes clean or use paper plates!
- Honor your Armed Forces friends
May 19: National Devil’s Food Cake Day; World Baking Day, Plant a Veggie Garden
May 21: Victoria Day (Canada)
May 22: National Vanilla Pudding Day, Buy a Musical Instrument Day
- Buy a ukelele and learn to play!
May 23: National Taffy Day, Lucky Penny Day
May 24: National Escargot Day
May 25: National Brown-Bag-It Day
- Have a brown bag lunch or dinner
May 26: Sally Ride Day
- Celebrate the first woman in Space with a space treat like Milky Way
May 27: Memorial Day (last Monday)
- Visit cemeteries of your loved ones
- Give a meaningful Sympathy gift to someone who has just lost someone
May 28: National Brisket Day; National Hamburger Day
- Have a Hamburger Slider bar!
May 30- Water a Flower Day
Pin this for easy reference later! Or get a PDF emailed directly to you by clicking here!