*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
There are plenty of reasons to celebrate in May! Check out these fun & random holidays and pick a few to celebrate! I’ve also included links for simple ways to celebrate them.
You don’t have to wait for a big holiday to celebrate! Check out these fun & random May holidays you can celebrate. From May Day to Memorial Day, there’s a great reason to gather your friends or family and have a little fun.
May 1: May Day
- Create mini flower bouquets and deliver them to someone
May 2: Brother & Sisters Day
- Call your brother or sister and tell them you love them!
May 4: Star Wars Day, Kentucky Derby Day
- Have a Star Wars Dinner
- Watch Star Wars
May 5: Cinco de Mayo, National Hoagie Day
May 6: National Nurses Day, International No Diet Day
- Honor the nurses in your life with a simple thank you card
May 8: No Sock Day, National Empanada Day
- Don’t wear socks all day
- Eat empanadas for dinner
May 10: Clean Up Your Room Day
- No excuses! Give your bedroom a good cleaning!
May 11: Eat What You Want Day
- This is self-explanatory. Eat what you want today!
May 12: Mother’s Day (2nd Sunday)
- Celebrate your mom!
- Make mini bouquets for mothers and grandmothers
- Honor the women who aren’t moms yet
May 13: National Apple Pie Day; National Fruit Cocktail Day
May 15: National Chocolate Chip Day
May 17: National Bike to Work Day
- Ride your bike to work!
May 18: No Dirty Dishes Day, Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday)
- Keep those dishes clean or use paper plates!
- Honor your Armed Forces friends
May 19: National Devil’s Food Cake Day; World Baking Day, Plant a Veggie Garden
May 21: Victoria Day (Canada)
May 22: National Vanilla Pudding Day, Buy a Musical Instrument Day
- Buy a ukelele and learn to play!
May 23: National Taffy Day, Lucky Penny Day
May 24: National Escargot Day
May 25: National Brown-Bag-It Day
- Have a brown bag lunch or dinner
May 26: Sally Ride Day
- Celebrate the first woman in Space with a space treat like Milky Way
May 27: Memorial Day (last Monday)
- Visit cemeteries of your loved ones
- Give a meaningful Sympathy gift to someone who has just lost someone
May 28: National Brisket Day; National Hamburger Day
- Have a Hamburger Slider bar!
May 30- Water a Flower Day
Pin this for easy reference later! Or get a PDF emailed directly to you by clicking here!
What May Food Holidays will you be celebrating??