A comforting and hearty soup that can be made quickly…perfect for quick weeknight dinners.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup cream or half and half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 package Uncle Bens Wild Rice Soup
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Cook wild rice according to package directions with bouillon cube. You can throw it in a rice cooker to make it easy!
- Saute carrots, onions, and celery in butter until tender. Add flour slowly and stir until thickened. Add broth and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken, cooked rice, and cream. Warm thoroughly for at least 5 minutes. Turn to low until ready to serve. The soup will thicken up. Make sure not to boil it.
- This soup freezes well, so you can make it ahead of time and pull out just in time for your party.
This soup freezes well, so make a double batch and freeze half for another meal.