World’s best chocolate cake recipe! This amazingly moist and delicious chocolate cake will quickly become your favorite go-to recipe! Made with just a few simple ingredients you probably have on hand, you can serve a fancy dessert quickly and without a lot of fuss.
REALLY? THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE?
I know the title of this post “The Best Chocolate Cake Ever” may seem a little extreme, but let me assure you, once you try this chocolate cake, you’ll never be in search of another again.
(P.S. This is only the 2nd time I’ve claimed to have THE BEST recipe because there are millions of recipes out there. The other time I claimed something was the best was for these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. But since they have been pinned over 1,000,000 times, it’s safe to say that I’m not the only one who thinks they are the best. )
WHY THIS CAKE IS SO GOOD:
1. This cake recipe is SO simple. And if you are all about simple, this is for you. Making this amazingly moist chocolate cake recipe is a piece of cake, no pun intended. You’ll mix the ingredients together, bake, and serve it!
2. No fancy equipment or ingredients required.
3. People who don’t even like chocolate cake LOVE this cake. I’ve taken to this to multiple family gatherings and parties and everyone who tries it, loves it–even those who usually turn down a piece of cake.
PERFECT CAKE FOR THESE OCCASIONS:
- family dinners
- bridal showers
- baby showers
- teacher appreciation lunches/dinners
- new moms
- Devil’s food or German chocolate cake mix
- small box (3 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
- sour cream
- chocolate chips
- canola or vegetable oil
- good-quality bundt pan
- cooking spray
WAYS TO SERVE THIS CHOCOLATE CAKE
You can serve this dessert any way you like. You know what they say… there’s no wrong way to eat a Reese’s? Well, that’s true for the best chocolate cake, too. These are our favorite ways to eat it:
- a la mode- the fancy term for a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top
- with fresh berries and whipped cream (my personal favorite)
- sprinkled with powdered sugar on top
- with a drizzle of hot fudge (although this cake is tasty enough without any frosting or hot fudge).
I wish I could take the credit for inventing this amazing cake, but I can’t. Thanks to my wonderful sister Em who passed along this recipe that is a family favorite!
(P.S. It’s also wonderful cooked in the dutch oven and always makes our favorite camping food list. )
Well, I could keep rambling, but I’ll stop. Don’t take my word for it. Try this amazing cake for your next celebration!
OTHER CAKE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
Turn a box cake mix into the BEST chocolate cake that’s a favorite for everyone!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 small box (3 oz) chocolate instant pudding
- ¾ cup oil
- ¾ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine the yellow cake mix, sugar, and pudding mix together. Then stir in the oil, water, eggs, and sour cream.
- Stir in chocolate chips after the cake mix is all combined.
- Pour into a greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream, fresh berries, grated chocolate and/or powdered sugar dusted on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: Desserts