*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
These Ham and Cheese Italian Rolls are so quick to make, but taste like you spent all day on them! Perfect for new moms, quick dinners, road trips, camping trips or lunchboxes.
HAM & CHEESE ROLL-UPS- YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPE!
Have you ever had Ham + Cheese Roll-Ups?
Today’s your lucky day! This recipe is one of my mom’s famous recipes. Meet her here. She was the inspiration behind this blog since she passed away when I was 15. Oh, how I miss her! I’m constantly flooded this time of year with so many memories of her: her favorite treats, her love of thrifting, her passion for celebrating even the smallest of things, her devotion to her family, and her desire to serve others and spread joy and festiveness each holiday.
But today, I’m sharing one of her favorite dinner ideas. I’m not sure if she invented this recipe or not, but us kids all loved it growing up and I’m sure she loved it for how easy it was.
The flavors in these Ham and Cheese Roll-ups is to die for! The melted cheese and ham combined with the Italian Seasoning makes them taste gourmet, without all the work! Plus, it’s a great way to use up extra ham and cheese before it goes bad!
- Road trips
- Camping trips
- School lunches
- dinners for new moms
WHAT YOU NEED FOR HAM & CHEESE ROLL-UPS
- Frozen roll dough or homemade (we love Rhode’s or Terrell’s brand frozen dough)
- small pieces of deli ham or turkey, (yes, turkey works great!)
- your favorite cheese chunks
- Italian Seasoning
CAN YOU FREEZE THESE?
Ham and cheese roll-ups are divine right out of the oven. However, they also make a really great freezer recipe! Make a big batch and freeze. When you are headed out on a camping trip, road trip or need a quick lunch, pull them out, let them thaw and you’ve got a simple meal!
Before you freeze them, however, just make sure you let them cool completely.
What are you waiting for? Make a batch of these quick and easy ham and cheese roll-ups! They are sure to become a favorite.
Happy Birthday Mom!! Until we meet again…
Pin this recipe for easy access later!
HERE’S THE PRINTABLE RECIPE!Print
Fill these rollups with your favorite meat and cheese. Freezer-friendly and great for road trips, beach days, school lunches or dinner.
- 18 frozen roll dough (Rhodes or Terrell’s works best. You can also use fresh, homemade dough, but that makes it not as easy)
- diced ham or turkey (ham is our favorite for this meal)
- diced cheddar cheese (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning, more to taste
- Thaw the frozen roll dough according the package directions.
- Once thawed, take one chunk of ham and cheese and place in the center of a roll of dough. Wrap the dough completely around it and seal it tight. Repeat until all the rolls have been filled with meat and cheese.
- Combine the Italian Seasoning with the melted butter. Stir well.
- Take each roll and dip into the butter/Italian Seasoning mixture. Place on a cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Let the rolls rise another 30 minutes (or according to the package). Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, depending on oven.
- Eat warm and fresh, or freeze for a quick lunch or dinner.