All you need to know about National Chopsticks Day!
WHEN IS NATIONAL CHOPSTICKS DAY
National Chopstick Day is February 6th. (See the full list of February Holidays here.)
Nearly ¼th of the world's population choose to use chopsticks as their main eating utensil.
It's not just the Chinese, but people all over the world put the forks and spoons away for a day and use chopsticks! And you should, too!
HOW TO USE CHOPSTICKS:
Chopsticks have been used for over 4,000 years! You can start prepping now. Order take-out from a restaurant like Dannys Chinese Kitchen, and start using the chopsticks. However, there are some rules that apply when it comes to chopstick etiquette:
- It's okay to stab a piece of food with a chopstick.
- Don't insert chopsticks upright into your food, it's an insult.
- It's not okay to point at other people with them.
- Don't suck or chew on the ends of your chopsticks.
- Chopsticks are not drumsticks. It's insulting to drum with them.
Chopsticks can be made out of wood, plastic, fine china, bamboo or metal. While it's great to use wooden chopsticks, here are the #1 best chopsticks that are dishwasher safe and reusable!
HOW TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL CHOPSTICKS DAY 2021
There are so simple and fun ways to celebrate Chopsticks day including fun things to do with chopsticks.
- Create a favorite Chinese dish in your own kitchen. We love this easy, but delicious Sweet & Sour Chicken dish from Mel.
- Order take-out Chinese and have a picnic on the floor.
- Use chopsticks to eat dinner--no matter if it's Chinese cuisine or not!
- Eat fortune cookies for dessert.
- Make your own origami chopstick holders. Easy tutorial here!
- Hang some Chinese lanterns to set a festive ambiance.
How will you celebrate National Chopsticks day?