*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Last year for New Years Eve, we hosted our first party in our new house. I didn’t have any intentions on throwing a themed party, but one thing led to another and before I knew it, we had a New York Themed New Years Party. I thought I’d share a few photos from our party last year in case you need some inspiration. Plus, I’ve listed some of our New Years Eve traditions at the bottom.
Since this party was so last minute, I could only use things I already had. But getting creative with what I had was my favorite part of the party planning. I’ve learned (and still learning) that it doesn’t have to be perfect or expensive to be awesome and fun. Just a few little embellishments to your festivities can create a festive atmosphere.
^this sign welcomed our guests.
^more numbers! I got a little carried away.
^a black tablecloth + some quick cut-out photo booth props made for an easy photo booth backdrop.
^since it was New York themed New Years, we just had to have a Times Square ball. get the tutorial here.
^my sister gifted me these cute NYC themed bowls. this party was the perfect occasion to pull them out.
^martenelli’s for a midnight toast!
A few of our favorite New Year’s Eve traditions:
*Every year is a bit different depending on who we spend New Years Eve with and where we are at. But these are just some of our traditions that seem to stick around from year to year.
1. At midnight, we run outside and bang pots and pans with spoons and scream “Happy New Year” until we are either too cold or our voices are tired. Our neighbors love us.
2. We toast after midnight with non-alcoholic drinks or Italian Sodas.
3. We like to pull out a puzzle and leave it out to work on all night.
4. Games. Games. Games. We love playing games after games.
5. Food. Food. Food. New Years Eve is when we splurge on some fun treats and appetizers.
6. We love taking a family New Years Eve photo with some props.
7. Some time around New Years, we love watching a slideshow of all of our photos and videos from the year.
What are some of your favorite New Years Eve traditions?