Forget the store bought hot chocolate mix! This homemade hot chocolate mix recipe is so easy to make and perfect for gifts.
EASY HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
Get ready to try the yummiest homemade hot chocolate! This hot chocolate mix recipe is incredibly easy to make. And you will save tons of money by making your own hot chocolate mix. Win. Win.
Plus, a cup of this homemade hot chocolate will taste SO much better than any packaged kind you can get from the grocery store.
HOW TO MAKE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
This hot cocoa mix diy is so easy to make and will only take you about 5 minutes! You will need:
- instant powdered milk
- powdered sugar
- non-dairy creamer
- Nestle's Nesquick (or the homemade version below)
Simply dump all of these ingredients into a big bowl. Give it a nice stir. And you have yourself the best homemade hot chocolate mix.
Store this hot cocoa mix in an air-tight container or package it up in glass jars for easy holiday neighbor/teacher/coworker gifts.
DOES HOT COCOA MIX EXPIRE?
Does hot chocolate expire?
This hot cocoa mix recipe will not expire for a long time. Depending on the brands of ingredients you use will determine how long it will stay good for. However, a big batch will stay fresh for at least all winter long. (If the hot chocolate mix stays around that long, if you know what I mean.)
USE HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE MIX FOR A HOT COCOA BAR!
Be ready for last-minute guests or spontaneous hot cocoa parties with your family by setting up a hot chocolate bar during the Christmas and Winter season.
Gather cups, straws, homemade hot cocoa mix, marshmallows, candy canes, and dipper cookies and place them on a buffet table or counter.
OTHER CHRISTMAS RECIPES TO TRY:
Here's the homemade hot cocoa recipe. Enjoy!Print
Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 6 ¾ cups instant powdered milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups Creamora or other non-dairy creamer (or 3 for creamier hot chocolate)
- 4 cups Nestle's Nesquick (see note to make your own Nesquick)
- Mix all ingredients together. Store in an airtight container.
- Use for gifts or for a hot chocolate bar throughout the season.
- To make the hot chocolate, combine ⅓ cup hot chocolate mix to 1 cup hot water.
- To make your own Nesquick, mix ⅔ cup sugar, ⅓ cup cocoa powder and pinch of salt. This makes 1 cup Nesquick. For the hot chocolate recipe, 4x these amounts for 4 cups that the recipe calls for.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: homemade hot chocolate mix, hot cocoa mix
Original recipe shared by Debbie Buckner.
Let us know what you think!