*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This amazing Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is so easy to make and is perfect for holiday parties or potlucks. It’s so quick to make and can done a few days in advance so it’s ready when you need a quick dessert.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL
This is a sweet alternative to the normal cheese ball you are probably used to. The best part is: it’s so quick and easy to make!
This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is not only great for holidays (think Christmas parties and New Years), but all year round!
This dessert cheese ball is unique. When you show up with it, there is a 98% chance you will be the only one. You know when you go to a party and there’s like 5 kinds of chocolate chip cookies or fudge? Well, this dessert is unique, which means it will be a hit.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL
This sweet cheese ball is quick to make. You only need 10 minutes pf hands-on time to make this start to finish. Mix softened cream cheese with butter, sugars, and vanilla. Then stir in mini chocolate chips. Finally, roll the cheese ball in graham cracker crumbs.
Carefully place plastic wrap around the chocolate chip cheese ball and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- graham cracker crumbs
- Vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers for dipping (make this homemade graham cracker recipe if you want holiday shapes)
HOW TO SERVE THIS DESSERT CHEESE BALL
Once you are ready to serve this dessert cheese ball, pull it out of the fridge, place on your favorite tray and empty a box of vanilla wafers or graham crackers onto the tray to dip.
TIP: If you are taking this dessert cheese ball to a party or potluck, add a label so that the guests won’t confuse it with a savory cheese ball. Using a candy cane or striped paper straw can add that festive touch for a Christmas party.
OTHER GREAT RECIPES TO TRY:
Yummy chocolate chip cheese ball is like cheese cake without the work! Perfect for holiday parties, potlucks, and showers.
- 8 oz. bar cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup real butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (up to 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini (or regular) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3–4 graham crackers, crushed
- pecans, optional
- vanilla wafers for dipping
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla one at time. Mix just until well combined. You may need to add in more powdered sugar if it is too runny. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set up.
- Place mixture onto large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Chill one more hour.
- Roll cheese ball in crushed graham crackers or pecans. Return to the fridge until you are ready to serve. The longer it sets up the better.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or another cookie of your choice.