This amazing Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe is one of those quick and easy desserts that is perfect for any occasion. It's so quick to make and can done a few days in advance so it's ready when you need a quick dessert.
EASY CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL DESSERT
Looking for easy dessert recipes? This chocolate chip cheese ball dessert is so popular (in addition to these Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and The Best Easy Gourmet Chocolate Cake).
This is a sweet alternative to the normal cheese ball you are probably used to. The best part is: it's one of those quick desserts!
This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is not only great dessert ideas for party, but a great Christmas party desserts, too!
This dessert cheese ball recipe is unique. When you show up with it, there is a 98% chance you will be the only one. You know when you go to a party and there's like 5 kinds of chocolate chip cookies or fudge? Well, this dessert is unique, which means it will be a hit.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL
This sweet cheese ball recipe is quick to make. You only need 10 minutes of hands-on time to make this start to finish.
Using a stand or hand mixer, combine softened cream cheese with butter, sugars, and vanilla. Gently whip until light and fluffy.
Stir in mini chocolate chips. If you don't have mini chocolate chips, regular size is fine, but mini is better.
Finally, roll the cheese ball in graham cracker crumbs.
Carefully place plastic wrap around the easy dessert cheese ball and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve it.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL INGREDIENTS
- Cream cheese
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- graham cracker crumbs
- Vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers for dipping (make this homemade graham cracker recipe if you want holiday shapes)
HOW TO SERVE THIS EASY DESSERT CHEESE BALL
Once you are ready to serve this dessert cheese ball, pull it out of the fridge. Carefully unwrap it and place it on your favorite tray or platter.
CHEESE BALL CHIPS
Since this is a cheesecake ball recipe, what do you use for cheese ball chips?
Our favorite cheese balls chips for are Vanilla Wafers or graham crackers. However, any cheeseball chips will work like dipper cookies or holiday cookies.
TIP: If you are taking cream cheese dessert balls to a party or potluck, add a label so that the guests won't confuse it with a savory cheese ball. Using a candy cane or striped paper straw can add that festive touch for a Christmas party.
OTHER EASY DESSERTS TO MAKE:
Looking for other easy desserts besides this cheesecake cheese ball recipe, try these! You'll love them as well as thousands of others!
The Best English Toffee
Better Than Sex Cake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Easy Gourmet Chocolate Cake
No-Bake Peach Dessert
I hope you enjoy this chocolate chip cream cheese ball as much as we do! Here's the easy dessert recipe for the chocolate cheese ball!Print
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Dessert
- Total Time: 58 minute
- Yield: 1 cheese ball 1x
Yummy chocolate chip cheese ball is like cheese cake without the work! Perfect for holiday parties, potlucks, and showers.
- 8 oz. bar cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup real butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (up to 1 ¼ cups)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup mini (or regular) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3-4 graham crackers, crushed
- pecans, optional
- vanilla wafers for dipping
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla one at time. Mix just until well combined. You may need to add in more powdered sugar if it is too runny. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set up.
- Place mixture onto large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Chill one more hour.
- Roll cheese ball in crushed graham crackers or pecans. Return to the fridge until you are ready to serve. The longer it sets up the better.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or another cookie of your choice.
- Make this up to a 1 week in advance. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: n/a
- Category: appetizers
Keywords: appetizers, cheese ball, cheese cake ball, chocolate chip cheese ball, dessert cheese ball
* This is an adaptation of chocolate chip cheese ball allrecipes and Southern Living chocolate chip cheese ball.
Let us know what you think!