*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This amazing Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is so easy to make and is perfect for parties, holiday get-togethers, or for a shower. Whoever says cheese balls can’t be sweet hasn’t tried this!
NEED A SIMPLE & DELICIOUS TREAT FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY?
Have you ever had a sweet cheese ball? I never had until many years ago when our friends made this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball for a holiday party.
I grew up eating savory and delicious cheese ball with green onions and nuts with Wheat Thins for dippers. And while those are a great appetizer, a dessert cheese ball was different! And so yummy!
This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball is our favorite around Christmas time (holiday open houses and New Year’s Eve), but it’s great any time of the year! There’s no need to wait for a holiday to serve this up! Because it’s so easy to make, it’s great for any type of large gathering. The flavors are great for year-round!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SWEET CHEESE BALL
This dessert is unique. When you show up with this chocolate chip cheese ball, I can 99.9% guarantee you’ll be the only one. Sure, the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Easy English Toffee, and Gourmet Star Sugar Cookies are requested often at our family gatherings, but this sweet cheese ball is unlike the typical party food.
Quick to Make
You’ll only need about 10 minutes hands-on time to make this dessert. Plan to make this dessert ahead of time and keep the dessert cheese ball in the fridge until the party. None of this last minute craziness-what-should-I-make-for a-treat stress that the holidays can bring.
Not Too Sweet
Holidays and parties can be sugar-overload. This sweet cheese ball is sweet, but not too sweet. And those mini chocolate chips give a fun dimension to every bite.
What You’ll Need To Make This Dessert Cheese Ball
- Cream cheese
- brown sugar
- powdered sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- graham cracker crumbs
- Vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers for dipping (make this homemade graham cracker recipe into shapes)
How To Serve This Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
Once you are ready to serve this dessert cheese ball, pull it out of the fridge, place on your favorite tray and empty a box of vanilla wafers (or other cookies) to serve with it.
TIP: If you are taking this dessert cheese ball to a party or potluck, add a label so that the guests won’t confuse it with a savory cheese ball. Using a candy cane or striped paper straw can add that festive touch for a Christmas party.
Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball Recipe
Want the recipe for this goodness? I’ve got you covered! Take this to your next holiday party and wow your guests! (Without a lot of work!)Print
a sweet cheese ball with chocolate chips is a great holiday party appetizer!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup real butter, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (up to 1 1/4 cups)
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup mini (or regular) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3–4 graham crackers, crushed
- pecans, optional
- vanilla wafers for dipping
- With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Whip until light and fluffy.
- Add in powdered sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla one at time. Mix just until well combined. You may need to add in more powdered sugar if it is too runny. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set up.
- Place mixture onto large piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball. Chill one more hour.
- Roll cheese ball in crushed graham crackers or pecans. Return to the fridge until you are ready to serve. The longer it sets up the better.
- Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or another cookie of your choice.