No-fail pumpkin roll with a light cream cheese filling.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- nuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Beat eggs on high speed for 3 minutes. Then add in sugar and mix another minute until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix pumpkin and lemon juice. Stir in flour and remaining ingredients and mix well. It will be thick.
- Fold both bowls together until incorporated. The pumpkin mix will look foamy.
- Spread on a greased cookie sheet. To make it really easy to remove, place wax paper onto the sheet. I use a baker's half sheet (size 13x18 inches). (Optional, you can sprinkle with nuts.)
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While baking, prepare a tea towel the size of the cookie sheet by placing it on the counter and sprinkling powdered sugar.
- Lay a clean tea towel on the counter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Gently remove the cake from the pan onto the powdered sugar towel. Roll up starting with the short end. Let cool completely in the rolled-up towel.
- Beat all the cream cheese frosting ingredients together.
- Unroll the cake, gently spread the frosting onto the cake roll. Roll the cake back up, this time without the towel. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until completely set.
- When ready to eat, use a sharp knife to gently cut the pumpkin roll into slices.
You can make this in advance and freeze or keep in the fridge for a few days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pumpkin roll, pumpkin cake