Have some good, old-fashioned fun with this classic Halloween game: Donuts on A String! It’s a perfect game for a Halloween party. All ages will love it!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
READY TO PLAY SUCH A FUN HALLOWEEN PARTY GAME?
So you’re planning a Halloween party and you need a fun game? This game is a winner!
All ages can play this fun game. It’s perfect for little ones, elementary-aged kids, or even teenagers and adults.
In fact, I remember so vividly playing this Donuts on a String Halloween game as a child at my neighbor’s Halloween party.
I played it again in high school during our Halloween Dance date.
And most recently, it’s become a favorite game at our annual family Halloween parties like our Hocus Pocus – themed Party.
What isn’t there to love when you get to eat a donut as fast as you possibly can?
You say donuts. I say doughnuts. However you say it, donuts on a string is a super fun Halloween party game!
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY DONUTS ON A STRING HALLOWEEN GAME:
- mini donuts (you can use large ones but little ones work better in my opinion)
- string or orange and white baker’s twine (to be extra festive)
- a broomstick, pole, or dowel
To set up to play this game, you will long pieces of string to your pole or broomstick like this:
Then attach the donuts to the end of the string like this:
DIRECTIONS FOR PLAYING DONUTS ON A STRING:
1. Attach the donuts to a string. Then tie the strings with the donuts attached to the pole.
2. Give each person a try or have a race to see who can eat the donut off the string (without hands!) the fastest.
3. Repeat. It will be just as much fun to watch as it will be to play!
Other Fun Halloween Party Games
This fun Tricks or Treats game is perfect for class parties or family parties. It’s quick and simple to put together! Get all the Trick or Treat Halloween game details here.
Need more Halloween party ideas?