Things are about to get spooky at your house! Whip up some easy paper straw Halloween spiders in no time. They are perfect for a party, home decor, tablescape, front porch, etc. Check out my tips at the end of the post to make these easily and cheaply.
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
DIY Paper Straw Spiders
These paper straw spiders are just about the simplest, but cutest Halloween decor around! They are perfect to hang over your windows, on your mantle, or use for a Halloween party table. The options are endless!
Ready to make your own Paper Straw Halloween Spider Decorations? While you have the foam craft balls out, don’t forget to make some hanging ghosts, too!
What you’ll need:
- Styrofoam craft balls
- 8 black and white striped straws (check out the Target dollar spot or Walmart Halloween aisle for cheap ones!)
- google eyes
- hot glue gun or craft glue
How to Make These Spiders:
- Hot glue the eyes on to the styrofoam ball or “body” of the spider.
- Bend* the striped straws about 2/3 of the way down. These will be the legs.
- Insert the “legs” into the styrofoam ball, 4 on each side.
- The straws will stay much better if you hot glue them in.
- Cut the straws in half and use mini styrofoam craft balls for a whole collection of spiders sizes.
- You can also bend the legs after you know where you will put the spiders. Then you can make sure the DIY paper straw spiders will fit exactly where you want them.
And there you have it!
Looking for More?
Make some hanging ghosts while you’re at it! (With all those leftover styrofoam balls!) Get the tutorial here!