*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
“Booing” your neighbors is a fun way to spread Halloween cheer. These super cute (and free!) You’ve Been Booed ghost printables make this Halloween activity super easy. Check out the simple treat ideas, too!
YOU’VE BEEN BOOED- A FAVORITE HALLOWEEN TRADITION
Well before “booing” became popular, delivering treats anonymously to neighbors with a “You’ve Been Booed” sign was our family’s favorite Halloween activity. We called it the Halloween Phantom back then, but it’s the same as Youve Been Booed.
My mom would load all 7 of us kids up in the station wagon and we’d take turns leaving goodies on porches. We loved watching the Phantom spread. By the time Halloween came, most of the neighborhood had been booed.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN TO BOO
Have you ever been booed? Like when you hear a knock on the front door and open it to find a Halloween treat?
And then you get to return the favor by choosing someone to “Boo!” by leaving a treat anonymously.
Boo-ing neighbors has become really popular in the last few years. It’s an easy way to spread some cheer throughout your neighborhood.
HOW TO BOO YOUR FRIENDS OR NEIGHBORS
1. Print off 2 copies of the Friendly Halloween Phantom Ghost poem-get the free download them at the end of the post!
2. Prepare 2 sets of Halloween goodies. (Treat ideas below!) And attach the printables to your goodies.
3. Put the treats on the door step, ring or knock the door, and then run! The trick is to not get caught.
4. Those who have received the Phantom should put this Phantom sign on their door, so that the Phantom won’t stop again. Watch the Phantom Ghost spread through your neighborhood!
YOU’VE BEEN BOOED TREAT IDEAS
Your Phantom treats can be as simple or elaborate as you’d like. You may want to leave only store-bought treats if you don’t know your neighbors well (would you want to eat a homemade treat from a stranger?) But if your neighborhood is close, then homemade goodies are great, too!
Here’s a few ideas of some of our favorite treats to leave:
- Caramel apple kits- apples and caramels (or The Best Soft Caramel Apple Dip !)
- Root beer and vanilla ice cream
- Our favorite soft Halloween sugar cookies
- Ingredients for Frankenstein Floats
- Halloween Oreos
- Caramel Popcorn
- Halloween Rice Krispy treats
Easy Packaging Ideas
Package any of these treats in one of these brown kraft gift bags and tie with some ribbon!
OTHER HALLOWEEN SERVICE ACTIVITY IDEAS:
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO THE “YOU’VE BEEN BOOED” PRINTABLES
Are you ready to start boo-ing? Grab the you’ve been booed free printablefrom our Freebies library here:
This post is part of our 31 Days of Halloween series. Click here for all the other simple & festive ideas!