"Booing" your neighbors is a fun way to spread Halloween cheer. These super cute (and free!) You've Been Booed ghost printables make this Halloween activity super easy. Check out the simple treat ideas, too!
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BOO SOMEONE AT HALLOWEEN?
Booing (also known as ghosting) was one of our favorite Halloween activities well before it became super popular. Delivering treats anonymously to neighbors with a "You've Been Booed" sign was our family's favorite Halloween activity. We called it the Halloween Phantom back then, but it's the same as Youve Been Booed.
My mom would load all 7 of us kids up in the station wagon and we'd take turns leaving goodies on porches. We loved watching the Phantom spread. By the time Halloween came, most of the neighborhood had been booed.
YOU'VE BEEN BOOED PRINTABLE SIGNS
Have you ever been booed? Like when you hear a knock on the front door and open it to find a Halloween treat?
And then you get to return the favor by choosing someone to "Boo!" by leaving a treat anonymously.
Boo-ing neighbors has become really popular in the last few years. It's an easy way to spread some cheer throughout your neighborhood.
HOW DO YOU BOO SOMEONE FOR HALLOWEEN?
1. If you are kicking off the Halloween Boo tradition in your neighborhood, skip ahead to step 2. If you received a Boo basket printable, it will tell you to hang the sign on your door so you won't get booed again.
2. Prepare 2 or more Halloween Boo Baskets. See all the simple Halloween treat ideas below.
3. Make 2 copies of the You've Been Booed printables and include them with your treat.
4. Put the treats on the door step, ring or knock the door, and then run! The trick is to not get caught.
5. Those who have received the booed poem should put the boo sign on their door, so that the Phantom won't stop again. Then it's their turn to Boo someone!
Watch the Phantom friendly neighborhood ghost spread through your neighborhood!
YOU'VE BEEN BOOED TREAT IDEAS
Your Boo Basket treats can be as simple or elaborate as you'd like. You may want to leave only store-bought treats if you don't know your neighbors well (would you want to eat a homemade treat from a stranger?) But if your neighborhood is close, then homemade goodies are great, too!
Here's a few ideas of some of our favorite treats to leave:
- Caramel apple kits- apples and caramels (or The Best Soft Caramel Apple Dip !)
- Root beer and vanilla ice cream
- Our favorite soft Halloween sugar cookies
- Ingredients for Frankenstein Floats
- Halloween Oreos
- Caramel Popcorn
- Halloween Rice Krispy treats
Easy Packaging Ideas
Package any of these treats in one of these brown kraft gift bags and tie with some ribbon!
OTHER HALLOWEEN SERVICE ACTIVITY IDEAS:
YOU'VE BEEN BOO-ED FREE PRINTABLES
Download the free printables from our Free Printable Library here. Not a member? Get free access here:
This post is part of our 31 Days of Halloween series. Click here for all the other simple & festive ideas!
My brother recommended I may like this web site.
He waas engirely right. This put up truly
made my day. You can not imagine just how much time I had spent ffor this info!