Rolo cookies combine a delicious chocolate cookie with a Rolo in the middle…creating a tasty treat! These popular cookies are great for showers, lunch boxes, parties, family dinners and anytime you need something sweet.
Yep, you heard that right. Rolo Cookies are just as good as they sound. A delicious chewy chocolate cookie with an ooey-gooey, melted Rolo center makes these chocolate cookie irresistible!
Chocolate rolo cookies are great for lunchboxes, parties, or a quick treat.
And the best part is, cookies with Rolos are sooo simple and quick to make!
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- cocoa powder
- butter, at room temperature
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- 48 Rolos (about 1 bag)
HOW TO MAKE ROLO COOKIES
Unwrap Rolos and set them in a bowl. Fill a small bowl with ½ cup white sugar.
Rolo Cookies are so easy and quick to make! In a stand mixer or using a large bowl with hand mixer, cream the softened butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix another minute. Add the dry ingredients one at a time, being careful to sprinkle the salt and baking soda evenly so that a clump doesn’t form. Mix until a soft-dough forms.
take a Rolo and form a cookie dough ball around it. The Rolo should be completely covered. Then roll the cookie dough ball in the sugar.
Place on a greased or lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Let the cookies cool 1-2 minute and then move them to a cooling rack to completely set up.
Eat warm or save for later…if they last that long! These award winning Rolo cookies are going to become a favorite.
CAKE MIX ROLO COOKIES
Looking for a cake mix rolo cookies recipe? If you don’t want to make this chocolate cookie recipe from scratch, feel free to use this easy cake mix cookie recipe using any chocolate cake mix.
Prepare the cake mix cookie dough and then place an unwrapped Rolo inside the dough. Roll in sugar and bake.
MORE AMAZING COOKIE RECIPES TO TRY:
After you make this recipe for Rolo cookies, will you pretty please leave a comment with a star rating? This will help others find this amazing recipe! Thanks SO much! ♡Print
A soft chocolate cookie with a Rolo in the middle turns into the best cookie ever.
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Bag of Rolo candies, unwrapped
- Sugar (for rolling the cookie dough balls in)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa. Set aside.
- With a mixer, cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time.Then, add in vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend well. Take a spoonful of chocolate cookie dough and wrap around one Rolo candy. Make sure Rolo is completely covered with cookie dough. Roll dough ball in sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Continue until you run out of cookie dough.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Move to a cooling rack and cool completely.Be careful to not overbake!
- Freeze these before baking for a quick treat later.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: cookies
Keywords: Rolo cookies, chocolate cookies, caramel cookies