- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- mix-in toppings, optional
- small formula or coffee can
- no. 10 can
- 1 cup rock salt
- 1 large bag of crushed ice
- Place all the ingredients into the small can. Secure the lid with masking or duct tape.
- Place the small can inside the No. 10 can.
- Fill the large can with crushed ice, surrounding all the sides of the smaller can.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup rock salt on top and replace the lid of the No. 10 can.
- Roll back and forth on cement or on a towel for 10 minutes. Check. You will most likely need to roll about 5-10 more minutes. Dump out any melted ice at this time and refill with crushed ice and rock salt.
- Enjoy this on a summer day or for a party.