*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Going to the beach? Here’s a list of the Best Beach Gear so you’ll have a fun & relaxing beach trip! (Don’t forget to grab the free packing list, too!)
GOING TO THE BEACH?
Yay! A beach trip is in your near future! We’ve spent our fair share of time at the beach. We’ve been to the beach in Cancun, Kauia, Maui, and lived on the Sunshine Coast in Australia with our children, so we know how to do the beach with kids!
If you want to have a FUN and hopefully somewhat relaxing time on your beach trip with kids, BE PREPARED!
The more prepared you are for a beach trip, the more successful it will be. And by successful, I mean: more relaxing and more fun.
THE BEST BEACH GEAR YOU’LL WANT TO HAVE WITH YOU
You may be thinking, “Can’t I just show up with my kids, some towels, and our swimming suits?” Sure you can!
But I promise you, the more prepared you are for your beach trip, the better time everyone will have!
So packing some essential beach gear items will make sure you can sit back, relax, and stay a while!
Don’t be overwhelmed with this list of “stuff”. These are our tried-and-true favorites that always come on a beach trip with us! We’ve found when we have these beach gear items, we have a more fun and enjoyable time.
BEACH GEAR & SAFETY
- Shade Tent to keep the shade away. Everyone will need a break from the sun at some point! This one is awesome because it doubles as a changing station!
- Sandproof large beach blanket to keep the sand away. This one is our favorite since the sand shakes right off and dries quickly. Plus, it is so compact and travels super light. We use it for not only the beach, but we keep it in our car for spontaneous picnics, too!
- Beach towels. You can never have too many beach towels, especially with kids around. These ones are super thick and warm.
- Puddle Jumpers or life vests to keep your little ones super safe!
- Large beach bag with zippers to keep your valuables hidden.
- Collapsable Beach Wagon or stroller to help you carry towels, blankets, food, drinks, babies and more.
- Best Sun hats– affordable hats to keep your children from sunburning.
- Sunscreen (our favorite is SunBum-it smells amazing and works amazing!)
- Swimsuits, flip-flops, and cover-ups
- Something for babies to sleep in or sit in like a Bumbo or baby beach tent. We traveled to Chile with this portable beach crib one and it’s great as a portable bed, too!
SHOP THE BEST BEACH GEAR
BEST BEACH ACTIVITIES
SHOP BEST BEACH ACTIVITIES
FOOD & DRINK
- Drinking water- and lots of it! Tip: freeze water bottles before you leave and they will stay cold all day long! We’ve also taken our Thermoflask water bottles that keep water cold for days!
- Cooler or insulated cooler bag to keep your food cold and fresh
- Snacks and food. No matter how long or short you’ll be there, everyone will get hungry. Pack plenty of snacks and lunch or bring money to buy lunch if there are eating options around. Make a big batch of this Both are hearty, but refreshing lunch options!
- Paper plates and plastic utensils for eating
- Hand sanitizer
- Wipes- to wash hands, bums, and everything in between.
- Garbage sacks to throw garbage and dirty/wet clothes in before you leave