20 Must-Haves for Your Next Beach Trip with Kids
Going to the beach with kids this summer? Here’s 20 essential items to take to make your beach trip fun and enjoyable for everyone!
Going to the Beach?
We’ve spent our fair share of time at the beach. Whether it was in Cancun, Kauia, Maui, or while we lived on the Sunshine Coast in Australia, we know how to do the beach! Although we’re not experts by any means, we have come to learn what makes for a successful beach trip with kids.
And the Number 1 Tips is: BE PREPARED!
The more prepared you are for a beach trip, the more successful it will be. And by successful, I mean: more relaxing and more fun.
So here’s a list of 20 must-have items you should consider to take on your next beach trip with kids.
Things to take:
- Umbrella to keep the shade away. Everyone will need a break from the sun at some point!
- Beach towels
- Large beach blanket to keep the sand away
- Drinking water- and lots of it! Tip: freeze water bottles before you leave and they will stay cold all day long!
- Wipes- to wash hands, bums, and everything in between.
- Sun hats
- Sunscreen (our favorite is SunBum!)
- Sand toys including shovels, buckets, dump trucks
- Boogie boards to catch all those waves.
- Cooler or insulated cooler bag
- Snacks and food. No matter how long or short you’ll be there, everyone will get hungry. Pack plenty of snacks and lunch or bring money to buy lunch if there are eating options around.
- Paper plates and plastic utensils for eating
- Garbage sacks to throw dirty and wet clothes in before you leave
- Camera to capture all those fun memories of your children! Consider a waterproof one!
- Something for babies to sleep in or sit in like a Bumbo
- Frisbee or our favorite: Bocce
- Large beach bag with zippers to keep your valuables hidden.
- Collapsable Wagon or stroller to help you carry everything
- Puddle Jumpers or life vests to keep your little ones super safe!