Welcome your guests by:
1. Place a simple welcome sign on the entrance. If your venue is your house, place a sign on the front door. You can use a chalkboard, or have a simple one like piece of paper taped to the door.
2. If your event is an open house, make sure your welcome sign includes directions to "walk in" or "go around back" if necessary.
3. Use lights to make your guests feel welcome. If your event starts after dark, leave the porch light on.
4. Have a candle burning so that the venue or your house will smell pleasant for your guests upon arrival.
5. If you don't have time to clean your entire house or venue, try to make sure at least the welcome area is clean. This will set a good tone for the party by helping your guests feel welcome.
6. If you are having overnight guests, leave a welcome note and treat on their bed, with towels, and any special instructions they might need to know.
What have you done to make your guests feel welcome?
*Images styled and photographed by Marcelle Calder Photography
Click below if you've missed any of the previous lessons in this A to Z series!