*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
You say potato, I say potaato. My husband calls these Chicken Pillows. I call them Chicken Roll-Ups. But whatever you call them, these are a favorite. We save these for special occasions since in my husband’s words, “these taste like dessert.” True. They are that good. They are rich and creamy. But I’ve never complained about having dessert for dinner. And at least they are savory too.
They are simple enough for a light summer meal, yet fancy enough for a luncheon or shower. Mmm. Just talking about them makes me want to eat them again. Too bad they don’t stay around here very long.
I’m so glad my mom taught me how to make these amazing pops of goodness. The flaky crust and amazing flavor is a favorite.
Simple enough for a light summer meal, but a perfect fancy option for a shower, luncheon, or meal to give away.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion (more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (not biscuits)
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- bread crumbs or stuffing mix
- Mix cream cheese, milk, s/p, and onion together. Stir in chicken.
- Place chicken mixture into each roll and roll into a ball.
- Dip each ball into melted butter and then into crushed stuffing mix or bread crumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.