Creamy chicken filling in a soft crescent roll makes these Chicken Pillows irresistible!
CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN ROLL-UPS
You say potato, I say potaato. My husband calls these Chicken Pillows. I call them Chicken Roll-Ups.
No matter what you call them, these cream cheese chicken pockets are a favorite.
We save this recipe for Chicken pillows for special occasions since in my husband’s words, “these taste like dessert.” True. They are that good. They are rich and creamy. But I’ve never complained about having dessert for dinner. And at least they are savory too.
I’m so glad my mom taught me how to make these amazing pops of goodness. The flaky crust and amazing flavor is a favorite.
They are simple enough for a light summer meal, yet fancy enough for a luncheon or shower. Mmm. Just talking about them makes me want to eat them again. Too bad they don’t stay around here very long.
INGREDIENTS FOR PILLSBURY CHICKEN POCKETS:
- cooked and shredded chicken
- cream cheese, softened
- dried onion
- bread crumbs
- Pillsbury Crescent rolls (or generic brand is fine)
This is the easiest chicken roll ups recipe you’ll find. Within minutes, you’ll have a hot dinner ready!
In a medium bowl, mix the softened cream cheese, chopped or dry onion, milk, salt and pepper and shredded chicken together. (See chicken tips below).
Take each crescent roll and fill it with a spoonful of chicken filling. Repeat until all rolls have been filled. Roll up tightly, making sure there are no holes for the mixture to escape when baking.
Just before baking chicken croissant roll ups, roll each one in melted butter and then dip in bread crumbs. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Tip: I always like to keep cooked and shredded chicken in the freezer. If you don’t have time to cook chicken, you can always use a rotisserie chicken for the chicken roll ups with crescent rolls.
Easy Crescent Chicken Roll Up RecipePrint
Simple enough for a light summer meal, but a perfect fancy option for a shower, luncheon, or meal to give away.
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion (more to taste)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- dash pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls (not biscuits)
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- bread crumbs or stuffing mix
- Mix cream cheese, milk, s/p, and onion together. Stir in chicken.
- Place chicken mixture into each roll and roll into a ball.
- Dip each ball into melted butter and then into crushed stuffing mix or bread crumbs.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.