This classic peanut butter cookie with a chocolate kiss on top is simple, but delicious. A great cookie for a party, lunchbox, or cookie exchange!
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- sugar (to roll dough in)
- chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt.
- In separate bowl, stir butter until soft; then add in peanut butter and mix until blended. Gradually add sugars, mixing until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Roll dough into balls and dip in sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Remove from oven and press chocolate kiss on top of each cookie.
- *If you want to freeze or store these cookies and don’t care for presentation, place the kiss inside the dough before you bake it. It will be easier to store this way.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: peanut butter kiss cookies, peanut butter blossoms