*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
The best homemade pizza sauce you can make in 3 minutes! It only uses pantry ingredients, making it a great go-to option for pizza or dipping.
The Best Cheap Homemade Pizza Sauce
We LOVE pizza. Since eating pizza every night isn’t realistic(much to our children’s dismay), we have a Friday Pizza Tradition at our house. Every Friday, we eat some sort of pizza. It’s a win-win. I have never have to figure out what to make for dinner, and everyone loves it!
There are so many different ways to have Pizza Friday. You can order out or make it at home!
My mother-in-law gave us this homemade pizza recipe years ago and it’s our all-time favorite. I’m confident it will become your favorite, too!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Pizza Sauce:
- it uses ingredients you are sure to have in the pantry
- it tastes fresh
- it can be as chunky or smooth as you like
- it can be made in 3 minutes!
- the leftovers can be frozen to use for another time
To make this homemade pizza sauce, just throw all the ingredients into the blender. Then spread on your favorite crust and you are ready to have your own Pizza Friday night!
Easy Pizza Crust Ideas
You don’t have to make homemade pizza crust to use this homemade sauce. You can use it on:
- Already made pizza crust found in refrigerated section of Trader Joe’s or Winco (for only $1.50!)
- French bread sliced in half
- homemade pizza crust
- pitas like these
If you’re feeling really brave, you can even use this for a Make-Your-Own-Pizza Bar Party! I’ve shared 5 Tips for planning the perfect homemade pizza party here if you’re interested!
5-Minute Homemade Pizza Sauce RecipePrint
The secret to great pizza is great sauce. This simple sauce recipe tastes fresh and delightful, but you can also freeze it for later.
- 1, 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- garlic powder
- italian seasoning
- dash of crushed red pepper, optional but delish!
- touch of olive oil (optional)
- Mix everything in a blender until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add spices to your liking.
- Keep in the fridge for up to one week, or freeze until you are ready to use.
Do you have pizzas on Friday nights? What is your favorite kind? Do tell. We are always looking for new ideas!