*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
A flavorful, but light Chicken Fajita recipe that the whole family will love.
Amazing Chicken Fajitas
Cinco de Mayo calls for all our favorite Mexican-inspired food. In the past, whenever we wanted chicken fajitas, we usually sauted chicken, peppers, and onions together and then stirred in our favorite salsa to simmer 5 minutes before filling them inside tortillas.
And then we had these simple & amazing fajitas.
There’s no turning back now! Our good friends introduced us to these fajitas and now this is how we make them every time.
Quick Prep Time
The chicken fajita marinade will only take you a few minutes to throw together. Do this in the morning because the secret is letting the chicken sit in this goodness for 6-8 hours to soak in all the flavors.
You could also prep this the night before if mornings are too crazy!
And then when you’re ready to cook, just saute the chicken and then peppers and onions and you’ve got one yummy meal!
Fill your favorite soft tortilla shells with the grilled chicken and veggies and enjoy!
What to Serve With These Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Fresh Mango Salsa + chips
- Un-fried Fried Ice Cream or Easy Homemade Churros
You’ll love this simple light, but flavorful Chicken fajita marinade.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 jalepeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Place whole chicken breasts in marinade and let marinade for 6-8 hours. It’s easiest to to do this in the morning.
- When ready to cook, wipe off marinade. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat pan for 2 minutes, then add in oil. Once the pan is smoking, add chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked all the way through. Then remove.
- Cook peppers and onions. While those are cooking, slice chicken in desired size pieces and return to pan.
- Serve in tortillas and garnish with your favorite salsa and sour cream.
- Serve with Spanish Rice.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chicken fajita, fajita, mexican
Recipe from Kenzi Jones.