Last year, we made Easy Chicken Fajitas for dinner to eat on Cinco De Mayo. We simply sauteed chicken, peppers, and onions together and then added in our favorite salsa and let simmer for 5 minutes. They were tasty and easy for sure, but after trying Kenzi’s Chicken Fajitas, we just can’t go back.
They take a little more planning and effort, but it’s worth it for the amazing flavor. These are a staple around our house now, and we’ll for sure be eating these Chicken Fajitas on Cinco de Mayo this year.
Plus, I usually always have the ingredients on hand. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Chicken Fajitas!
Chicken Fajitas for Cinco De Mayo
This is our go-to fajita recipe! Originally from Kenzi Jones.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 jalepeno pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- Mix the marinade ingredients together. Place whole chicken breasts in marinade and let marinade for 6-8 hours. It's easiest to to do this in the morning.
- When ready to cook, wipe off marinade. Sprinkle with salt.
- Heat pan for 2 minutes, then add in oil. Once the pan is smoking, add chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked all the way through. Then remove.
- Cook peppers and onions. While those are cooking, slice chicken in desired size pieces and return to pan.
- Serve in tortillas and garnish with your favorite salsa and sour cream.
- Serve with Spanish Rice.
Try this Mango Salsa.
A Spanish Rice recipe that is a perfect side dish to these Chicken Fajitas.
Don’t forget dessert! Healthy Mexican Unfried Ice Cream on a Stick!