The perfect side dish for any Mexican-style meal. Throw in a rice cooker to make it extra easy!
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice (brown works, too!)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly until puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle with salt and cumin. Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, or put in a rice cooker and cook until done.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: spanish rice