*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Delicious and easy Spanish Rice you can make in 30-minutes or less! Perfect for Cinco de Mayo, Fiestas, or your next Mexican dinner at home.
EASY SPANISH RICE RECIPE
Why have I never made Spanish rice before? Oh, actually I know why. I’ve never been a big fan of Mexican food. Much to my husband’s dismay, we hardly ever eat at Mexican restaurants. But in the past few years I’ve come to not only stand it more, but actually enjoy some Mexican-style fare. This Spanish rice recipe is now on our list of favorites. We love serving it with our favorite Chicken Fajitas, but it also goes great as a side dish for many other main dishes.
What I love about this Spanish rice recipe is that I can prepare it and then throw it in the rice cooker. Bless that rice cooker. We could not survive without it!Print
The perfect side dish for any Mexican-style meal. Throw in a rice cooker to make it extra easy!
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice (brown works, too!)
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Heat oil and add rice. Cook, stirring constantly until puffed and golden.
- Sprinkle with salt and cumin. Stir in onions and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes, or put in a rice cooker and cook until done.